View Full Version : Naim Gain stage - Feedback vs Gain

pm1961
25-05-05, 05:22 AM
I vaguely remember reading that somebody experimented with the value of the feedback resistor in the gain stage with good results.

If I remember the logic correctly, reducing the feedback increased the gain (and quality?) but its natural limit was the overall stability of the circuit.

Has anybody any details of experimenting with this?

Cheers,

PM

LesW
25-05-05, 09:38 AM
A combination of a 6K8 and the existing 1K will virtually halve the gain of the stage. To ensure stability, a 47pF ceramic or silver mica cap across base and collector of the ZTX214 will guarantee the stage doesn't do it's usual impression of an RF signal generator.

pm1961
25-05-05, 10:14 AM
Does your answer infer that you believe the gain is already as high as stability would allow and there's nothing to be gained by decreasing the feedback?

Is that cap across the trannie a "good thing" irrespective of any other changes?

Cheers,

Paul

LesW
25-05-05, 12:26 PM
In the main, with any given circuit, as the feedback is increased, the stability is degraded ( there are phase shift issues which are responsible for oscillation ). With the gain stage in question, it's a very good idea to fit that small cap and indeed, after many years of doing just that, I had to smile when Salisbury followed suit. Funnily enough, I've just finished work on an Ixo which when powered up, raved away like a good 'un - the caps put paid to that malarky.

Mick P
25-05-05, 12:49 PM
Les

You mentioned Salisbury........they don't mention you (at your request) so do the honourable thing and return the compliment.

Regards

Mick

LesW
25-05-05, 02:10 PM
You know Parry, I've never been targetted by a stalker before - I must say it's really quite flattering to learn that I must be treading on a few toes .........

muzzer
25-05-05, 02:32 PM
seconds out!!:o

Mick P
25-05-05, 02:38 PM
Les

It is very simple really. I shall remind you every time you mention Naim.

My PC flashes when it happens so its dead easy and very effective.

If you don't mention them, my pc dosen't flash.

The ball is in your court as they say.

Regards

Mick

fatcat
25-05-05, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Mick Parry
My PC flashes when it happens so its dead easy and very effective.
Mick

A couple of strobe lights and Klaxons in and around your home would surely be more appropriate.

RustyB
25-05-05, 03:10 PM
Gee Mick, I bet Les is shaking in his boots.....not!

This is the DIY section, Les is offering useful advice, why don't you just PISS OFF!!!

LesW
25-05-05, 03:23 PM
I'm sure everyone's impressed by your flashing Michael. Speaking for myself though, I prefer to roll my own.......

Mick P
25-05-05, 04:04 PM
Rusty

To answer your eloquenty put question, Les can answer as many questions as he likes and I hope he answers hundreds. All I am doing is drawing attention to the fact that he is once again having a snipe at Naim.

He has asked them never to mention him so he should do the decent thing and not mention them.

Regards

Mick

laverda
25-05-05, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE]My PC flashes when it happens so its dead easy and very effective.[QUOTE]

Mick,

you realy do need help.............theres a nice place just down the road from me 'The Priory', where all the rich nutters go for special treatment................

you would be more than welcome and only 3k per night, nothing to a man of your means........I'm sure in only a week or two they would have you back on the road to Salisbury.

Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury

Had enough yet Mick, ....No........

Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury
Salisbury

Graham

Tony L
25-05-05, 04:18 PM
You mentioned Salisbury........they don't mention you (at your request) so do the honourable thing and return the compliment.

A little perspective please Ė as I understand it Les has informed Naim that he does not want mentioning on their forum, a place where, as far as I am aware, he does not have any right of reply. This situation has absolutely nothing to do with pfm, plus no one who works for Naim is banned on this forum, they have full access to state their case here if they donít like something Les says. These are very different situations.

Tony.

Basil
25-05-05, 05:03 PM
A combination of a 6K8 and the existing 1K will virtually halve the gain of the stage. To ensure stability, a 47pF ceramic or silver mica cap across base and collector of the ZTX214 will guarantee the stage doesn't do it's usual impression of an RF signal generator.

Are we talking R9 and R14 here Les?

BTW Les, huge thanks for all your help over the last 2 years, I couldn't be happier with the results.

Steve.

Jo Sharp
26-05-05, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by LesW

Les,

I take it this is the same position as the 33pf cap you used to recommend (on the Analogue Addicts mailing list IIRC)?

yairf
28-05-05, 02:17 PM
BTW Les, huge thanks for all your help over the last 2 years, I couldn't be happier with the results.

I second that.
Les has been a tremendous help for me, whether he mentioned Naim or not.
Yair

Mike Hanson
28-05-05, 03:05 PM
Yup, Les is a great chap, which he's proven to me a number of times now. He's not the fastest of the bunch, but that isn't always the most important thing now, is it?

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

Stuart Frazer
29-05-05, 10:27 AM
Les W

I for one enjoy reading your posts, along with many others. Please carry on and ignore the snipes from Parry.

Stuart

Linnik
29-05-05, 01:42 PM
Seconding for Les!

Mick, Les DID NOT mention Naim as you stated. He mentioned Salisbury.

Perhaps you should train your evaluations when to react and when not and get your PC to service if you have asked it to bling when Les mentions Naim. It is a faulty thing as it is blinging on Salisbury, too. Or perhaps it blings even for Les? Get it checked if you lean on your PCs evaluations. It may spoil your reputation (?).

This time Les did not really put Naim anything much into shame and there was no reason for you to come in the middle. BTW what are you doing in the DIY side? After all this is for tinkerers, ehh?

We all have our personal shortcomings and you would not stand such a stalker yourself on your neck, would you? Les has done massive positive contribution for most of the DIY people here.

We all know how splendid amps Naim manufactures and how good after sales service they are offering. They speak by themselves. Les is in his own class and Naim do not give a toss about Les or anybody else, I bet. No reason to make too much hassle on it here either.

Oz

Mick P
29-05-05, 01:44 PM
Linnik

There is nothing worse than an amatuer barrack room lawyer and sorry to say you are at the bottom of the scale.

Salisbury = Naim.

Please remember, Les has asked Naim (Salisbury) not to mention him and they have the decency to enforce that rule. Common decency dictates that he should do the same.

Regards

Mick

Linnik
29-05-05, 01:48 PM
Linnick

There is nothing worse than a very amatuer barrack room lawyer and sorry to say you are at the bottom of the scale.

Salisbury = Naim.

End of discussion.

Mick

So you are going under bottom, Mick? Hehe - just help yourself then.

Didn't Tony clear that situation already what comes to Naim forum.

Oz

Mick P
29-05-05, 02:20 PM
Linnik

Please learn to read what I say.

To make it clear I shall ask you a question.

Do you think it is honourable for Les to mention Naim when he has specifically asked them not to mention him. They honour their side of the bargain.

I am not talking rules, I am talking ethics.

Regards

Mick

Linnik
29-05-05, 02:31 PM
Linnik

Please learn to read what I say.

To make it clear I shall ask you a question.

Do you think it is honourable for Les to mention Naim when he has specifically asked them not to mention him. They honour their side of the bargain.

I am not talking rules, I am talking ethics.

Regards

Mick

I have posted about Les's talks on Naim before, Mick.

But as Tony declared, you are barking on false paragraph.
If Les is not in opportunity to answer in the Naim Forum, by Naim's own decision, then it is more than fair not to mention him there.

Here in PFM both of them can freely (in certain limits, naturally) post. So here Les may mention Naim and Naim can mention Les. No one has decided to ban either one here.

There is no bottom in that clausule IF that is the case.

Mick, it is not about mentioning or not. It is HOW they mention each other. This time it was not worth of you waking up by your PC's alarm. Just go back to bed besides Mrs. Mick, if she allows you to sleep in the same room with her.

You cannot deny Les has cleaned his postings quite very much concerning the Naim and even Salisbury and the whole Southern England.

Oz

Mick P
29-05-05, 02:35 PM
Linnik

First of all I am surprised you actually believed that my pc is programmed to flash when Les writes in. As far as I know, no such programme exists.....it was a joke.

On a more serious note, Les still does mention Naim in a sarcastic tone and frankly it belittles him and his reputation.

Regards

Mick

Mus
29-05-05, 03:16 PM
With the gain stage in question, it's a very good idea to fit that small cap and indeed, after many years of doing just that, I had to smile when Salisbury followed suit.

Mick,

The offending comment is actually a statement of fact and not sarcastic by anybodies standards, let alone Les'.

Regards,

Mus

Anderzander
29-05-05, 03:39 PM
I am not talking rules, I am talking ethics. [/B]

Actually Mick,

you're talking shite :D

As a caveat: I am quite happy for you or Les to express any dissatisfaction either of you may feel (in anything!) - I can, of course, make a choice to read it or not.

What I find confusing is that whilst I can understand Les and Naim are in a form of relationship - and one that would promote reaction from either party.

You however are not involved in this relationship at all - you have elected yourself to represent Naim as a 3rd party.

This puts you in the 'fanatic' camp. When you represent a cause (as you have chosen to) as intensely as you do - and one that is not even your own, then you come across as a fanatic.

When that cause has no real bearing on you what-so-ever, nor any obvious emotive effects, then you come across as an unbalanced fanatic.

Relax Mick - the world will work perfectly well without you trying to help.

laverda
29-05-05, 03:48 PM
[B]I am not talking rules, I am talking ethics.[B]

Sad to say it again but you are one sick person Mick and you do need help.

Talking of ethics......why dont you do the ethical thing and post something worthy of reading. I have yet to read anything but negative comments from your finger tips in any subject apart from 'Use the Royal Mail'.

I know many will not post here because of you......and your anti-DIY advice........

Graham

pm1961
29-05-05, 04:16 PM
Mick,

If you have anything to contribute to my original query, I'd love to hear it.........

If not, @*ck off and start your own thread.

Having just viewed some of your recent posts, you have nothing constructive to say.

If your life is so devoid of meaning that you can only snipe on behalf of a third party who, as far as I know, hasn't asked for your stout defence, then I can recommend a good therapist.

Yours,

Hoping to return to the subject at some point,

Paul:cool:

trailblaiser
29-05-05, 04:43 PM
A quote from Mr Parry on another thread
They are like dung coated rats who scurry along the sewers spreading disease and misfortune.
And this $*ckwitz crackpot wants to give lessons in ethical behavour!

Mick P
30-05-05, 01:20 AM
Chaps

Stop being such a bunch of drama queens.

Regards

Mick

S-Man
30-05-05, 02:03 AM
Mick,

If you're going to post on the DIY pages, have something useful to snipe about.

Instead of hassling LesW about mentioning Naim,why not ask him a more interesting question like:

"Why do you babble on about non magnetic fixings being so critical for sound quality, when TO3 cans are made of steel?"

or

"How exactly does an Alps Blue cause "sonic death"?" (actually what the hell is sonic death).

Mick P
30-05-05, 02:12 AM
S-Man

I hardly ever come into the diy section because I have no interest in the subject.

The only time I ever show my face is when Les starts his hobby of snipping at Naim.

If he cuts that out, you would never see me in here.

Regards

Mick

chiily
30-05-05, 02:21 AM
I hardly ever come into the diy section because I have no interest in the subject.

I thank you for that!

The only time I ever show my face is when Les starts his hobby of snipping at Naim.

So it is true that you monitor all of Les's posts and then join in, disrupt a thread 'cos you feel like you should be a policeman, redressing the balance? In the Police Force they are trying to rid themselves of people of your nature.

So, just do us all here in the DIY section a favour and go away quietly please.

Mick P
30-05-05, 02:25 AM
Garf

Yes it is true and no I will not go away until acceptable standards of behaviour are carried out by trade members.

Regards

Mick

Basil
30-05-05, 02:48 AM
Yes it is true and no I will not go away until acceptable standards of behaviour are carried out by trade members.

No doubt the good people of Salisbury are able sleep soundly in their beds, knowing that "Parryman" is out there.

Ever vigilant for those that would dare to besmirch the good name of a certain Salisbury based HiFi Company.

Nice to know that you aren't wasting your retirement Mick!

Napsac
30-05-05, 02:52 AM
was'nt that long ago Parry, you had a ticking off for being a naughty little boy on pfm ?

Talk about being a pompous hypocrite.

pm1961
30-05-05, 03:06 AM
Can you not kill this thread?

I came to Pink Fish to read, learn and hopefully share information with like minded people............. all in my, oh so precious, leisure time.

To have to spend that very limited time, reading the crap that is spouted is very dispiriting.

If posts don't add something or contribute to a thread, why allow them?

I'm not going to start a whole new debate about censorship and freedom, but take the f*&%ker out and shoot him please........:p

Basil
30-05-05, 03:11 AM
Can you not kill this thread?

This would be exactly what Mick wants, just delete all posts that have no relevance to the thread title.

trailblaiser
30-05-05, 03:18 AM
It is a pity that Parry has decided to spoil every thread where Les attempts to help some body. This thread stated with a question about the naim circuit so how the hell is les supposed to answer without mentioning the firm or the products?

Your spoiling pfm for a lot of people Parry, just think about what your doing and don't be such a boring dullard. As Graham said, lots of people don't post here any more because of you, Im one of those. You already ruined one forum with your foul mouth, this looks like becoming number two.

Where is a moderator when you need one?

Mick P
30-05-05, 03:36 AM
Chaps

You really do make yourselves look like a load of old women.

I made a mild rebuke at les, it was not rude or aggressive, just pointing out that he had mentioned salisbury yet again.

He left it at that.

Someone then choses to ask a question or makes a comment to me which requires a reply.

If no one had commented, I would have not responded and you could all be talking about thingies inside black boxes.

Simple really isn't it.

Regards

Mick

spet0114
30-05-05, 03:56 AM
Chaps

You really do make yourselves look like a load of old women.

I made a mild rebuke at les, it was not rude or aggressive, just pointing out that he had mentioned salisbury yet again.

It was, however, mind-numbingly small-minded and in the final analysis, utterly pointless.

If no one had commented, I would have not responded and you could all be talking about thingies inside black boxes.

Simple really isn't it.

Fascinating, so according to your logic, if we all ignore you, you'll go away? Oh if only it were that simple.....

Actually, I wonder if I can extend your original argument to a constructive end. If naim don't mention les, les should not mention naim. If no-one mentions you, will you do the honorable thing and mention no-one, or preferable depart entirely?

Mick P
30-05-05, 04:22 AM
Spet

I note that you registered in Sept 2004 so you may well be unaware of the "history" between Les and Naim.

I will now disappear from this thread to keep you happy and possibly some one else will mention the history.

Regards

Mick

Linnik
30-05-05, 05:00 AM
So what could we do to re-activate Mr. Parry and have more fun by his winding or shall we go back to the origin of this thread now?

(I bet Les just tried Mr. Parry by mentioning the city unmentionable by Mick's law and order, and thus took to light that Mick really is stalkering all of his words. Then just laughed in the towers like a wizard - mission accomplished :D )

Oz

cubastreet
30-05-05, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by S-Man

"How exactly does an Alps Blue cause "sonic death"?" (actually what the hell is sonic death).

Wasn't it am 80s offshoot band of sonic youth?

Jeremy.

HT-Naimee
03-06-05, 03:59 PM
Mick, should there actually be an agreement of Les and Naim not mentioning each other in general, then you are right to ask Les to honour that, as Naim does the same.

But I reckon the Les/Naim thing was mainly meant for the Naim Audio Forum and both agreed not to mention each other there. I think only Les or Naim actually know what the agreement was.

However, allthough I am with you when it comes to defending Naim, I do think your way of doing so might be a bit to aggressive and might actually cause more damage to you, the points you are trying to make, and in the long run maybe Naim, as some people might think Naim was only for the elitist or uncivilised.
Let's not forget, the people reacting the strongest are ususally those guilty as charged :)

So, I would recommend just to keep it a bit more on the chill side of life.

Regards to both Mick and Les,

Alex

Mick P
04-06-05, 04:12 AM
Alex

I cannot detect any ounce of aggression from me in this thread. Please show me one instance of aggression and I will retract it.

Regards

Mick

Mike Hanson
04-06-05, 04:32 AM
I cannot detect any ounce of aggression from me in this thread. Please show me one instance of aggression and I will retract it.
Your consistent haranguing of Les would be considered as aggressive by all but the most pedantic of individuals.

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

Anderzander
04-06-05, 05:15 AM
Anyone else notice the irony?

Mr Parry snipes at Les because he doesn't like Les sniping*

*Snipe being Mr Parry's words

Mick P
04-06-05, 05:39 AM
Andersander

So using your logic, if a policemen or citizen stops a criminal doing something, then they are taking a snipe. It is our collective responsibilty to stop bad / unethical behaviour.

I do not criticise his products only his sniping. It is never agressive, mainly pointing out he has mentioned those he does not like to mention him.

Regards

Mick

Anderzander
04-06-05, 06:03 AM
Hi Mr Parry :-)

No, it's like a self appointed policeman trying to stop someone from doing something that happens all the time and poses no real problems for anyone - and is nothing to do with him.

Steve

Mick P
04-06-05, 06:05 AM
Mike

Sorry, I overlooked your post.

You said

"Your consistent haranguing of Les would be considered as aggressive by all but the most pedantic of individuals."

You may recall I used to harangue a really foul person for a couple of years until he improved his behaviour. I do not recall you criticising me then.

Regards

Mick

Mick P
04-06-05, 06:08 AM
Steve

Les's behaviour is plain unethical, no ifs or buts about it.

There is no need for him to ever mention Naim or Salisbury and if he does not, I will never comment.

Problem solved.

Regards

Mick

HT-Naimee
04-06-05, 06:10 AM
No Mick, it's not necessary to use a direct insult in order to seem aggressiv.

It would simply have been sufficient to politely ask Les whether it was necessary to add the Salisbury part, which you personally found a bit provocative.

But all the back and forth with everybody else here (who are just as much to blame as they keep this arguing alive) does give the feel or agressiveness. Espcially given recent posts and discussion we all have had in which we all made clear how we feel about Naim.

You have evry right to fight for NAim, and I would do so too, but even without direct insults, the undertone of your messages does seem a bit provocative to most people.
Sorry, if I misinterpreted you, but I would simply say that it would be easiest, to politely state your opinion on this matter and not to argue with the rest any further.

Ask Les to please not integrate these little nags at Naim in his posts, and that would be it.

I don't mean to support your opposition/enemies on this forum, but simply want to ask everybody here to try and keep it relaxed in here. Every other discussion on this forum has turned into a battle, and these kind of discussions don't help with matter either and also have nothing to do with "audio" or "DIY".

My "criticism" is not meant for Mick alone, but also for all of those trying to provoke him and all other Naim fans and trying to keep useless fights going.

Robert
04-06-05, 06:16 AM
Avondale and Naim may well have an agreement that Les and his company are not mentioned over on the Naim forum - that is entirely a matter for them but only applies over at Naim.

This is not the Naim forum and Les is free to mention whichever part of the country he wishes and whichever company he wishes, and that is the end of the matter.

If the moderators judge that something inappropriate is being said about any manufacturer they will moderate accordingly.

I do hope that the situation is now crystal clear.

Rob (moderating)

Mick P
04-06-05, 06:22 AM
Rob

You said

"If the moderators judge that something inappropriate is being said about any manufacturer they will moderate accordingly."

Then please do.

Alex

Your point about asking Les not to mention Naim in the nicest possible way is noted. I would mention however, that that was my stance in the early days and it did not bring any results.

To be fair, the situation is a lot better but it is not eliminated.

Regards

Mick

HT-Naimee
04-06-05, 06:32 AM
OK, thanks Mick. I get your point.
And thanks for trying.

Regards,

Alex

laverda
04-06-05, 07:59 AM
To be fair, the situation is a lot better but it is not eliminated.

So we now have a sub-moderator culture, this is in the form a Mr Parry no less.............who is going to piss people off the only way he knows untill every ones eliminated from the forum. This is when he will be able to talk to his good self without any returning
condemnation.

Sad as it is, it seems to be working...........

Nice work Mick....;)

Graham

Robert
04-06-05, 09:08 AM
Hi Graham,

I can assure you that will not happen.

regards,

Stuart Frazer
04-06-05, 11:20 AM
Robert

Your Moderating post is spot on - unfortunately Mick Parry has neither the intellect nor will to comply. If he does not want to hear of modified or DIY equipment involving Naim then he should stick to their forum and leave us alone. I am sick of hearing his snipes at the Naim modifiers.

Regards

Stuart

Mick P
04-06-05, 11:45 AM
Stuart

Please show me any comment where I have criticised modding or modders in the last six months.

You made the accusation, now prove it or retract it.

Regards

Mick

almichie
04-06-05, 11:46 AM
to me it seems that Mick is here for only one thing, arguing about whether Les should or should not mention the magic word. so how about Les replacing the word with another say sainsburys?n then that would keep Mick quiet (well at leat until he finds something else wrong with the way people help each other out here). And another thing, what about all the other people that build/moddify amps or psus of a £$%^ nature??! doesn't have a problem with them mentioning that word....

Stuart Frazer
04-06-05, 12:02 PM
Mick Parry Quoted:

Please show me any comment where I have criticised modding or modders in the last six months.

Mick

Why only 6 months?

A classic example is in this thread:

http://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6350

Regards

Stuart

Mick P
04-06-05, 12:43 PM
Stuart

I was asked to be less agressive to Les and I am.

How on earth can you claim to be sick of my criticising modding etc when the latest one you can dig up is 14 months old.

I never mention modding or modders, I only remind Les when he mentions Naim. Two different things.

Regards

Mick

Tony L
04-06-05, 12:58 PM
I only remind Les when he mentions Naim. Two different things.

Which is rather odd as he is perfectly within his rights to do so here.

I donít know how I can make this more clear, Iíll try bullet points:

Whatever arrangement Les has with Naim regarding their forum has absolutely no bearing whatsoever to pfm. There is no connection at all between these two forums.

Any representative of Avondale or Naim are free (along with everyone else) to post anything on pfm as long as it that does not break the pfm AUP.

To put it yet another way, and knowing how much Mick respects acts of unilateral aggression from people like Bush / Bliar etc: my forum, my rules. Get used to it!

Tony.

trailblaiser
04-06-05, 12:58 PM
You really do'nt know when to stop digging do you Parry? Admit it will you, your here just to give Les a bad time and your getting just too boring. I'm sorry but I'm going to join the growing number of pfmers who do'nt take the slightest notice of you ever again Parry. Your intent on being a rotten sod whos intent on spoiling if for every body in this hobby.

Stuart Frazer
04-06-05, 01:04 PM
Mick

I just thought that thread showed a good example of the sniping you hold against most DIY'ers. I know you like Naim, but you do go to great lengths to defend the brand.

Most things can be improved upon including Naim products. They even do this themselves from time to time, tweaking the circuits etc. The big difference with Naim and Avondale (Les) is that Naim MUST limit the performance in the individual product range so that there is a clear upgrade path to provide future upgrade sales / growth. I understand Avondale has ample work and therefore does not need this product range and can maximise the performance of each product accordingly.

Naim want us to beleive there is a black art to the audio circuits, but alas as alot of people have found out by modifing their Naim product's, there is not. It just take's some soldering skill and a bit of electronic's knowledge to make HUGE saving's, whilst IMPROVING the sound quality. I know which path I am going down from now and before you start, I'm a present Naim user.

Regards

Stuart

Mick P
04-06-05, 01:05 PM
Tony

Ok fair enough but you did say any one can reply to Les when he mentions Naim which is all I am doing, nothing more or nothing less.

Regards

Mick

laverda
04-06-05, 02:27 PM
any one can reply to Les when he mentions Naim which is all I am doing, nothing more or nothing less.

Find help Mick, it must be a heavy weight on those old sholders, there are people that can help take that weight away.................

you'll have one local to yourself and are there to help out when life gets toooo much, (in later years) their called Doctors.

Go for it Mick, make that phone call, you know it makes sense.

Graham (trying to help a fellow PFMer)

Mick P
04-06-05, 03:44 PM
Graham

Your kindness is most touching.

As it so happens, we are packing our suitcases for a few days in Spain, so I will be gone for a while but will be back fully refreshed.

Love

Mick

trailblaiser
04-06-05, 04:01 PM
Don't hurry back.

Basil
04-06-05, 04:20 PM

Are we talking R9 and R14 here Les?

To get back on topic (if that's ok with MP) could someone confirm that R14 (12K) is replaced with a 6K8?

almichie
04-06-05, 04:44 PM
:)

tommy_c
04-06-05, 05:32 PM
100 posts; in exactly 3 months: not out

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR COLLECTIVE SUPPORT.

Regards

TC

LesW
05-06-05, 03:57 AM
From Basil:
To get back on topic (if that's ok with MP) could someone confirm that R14 (12K) is replaced with a 6K8?
If you're sure it's safe to come out now - the answer is an unqualified yes with the small caveat that you may find dynamics suppressed somewhat from the original. Do let me know how it goes.

yairf
05-06-05, 05:04 AM
If you're sure it's safe to come out now
Hi Les
You've got mail...
Yair

Basil
05-06-05, 05:29 AM

If you're sure it's safe to come out now - the answer is an unqualified yes with the small caveat that you may find dynamics suppressed somewhat from the original. Do let me know how it goes.

Some time ago I tried removing the 321 boards and felt that while it removed all trace of hiss, it also robbed the sound of great deal of "life" as well.

To be honest, before I start to experiment with the 321's I'd like to try and get hold of a backup set, to use as as a reference.

If anyone has a pair going spare, let me know.

Mike Hanson
05-06-05, 06:26 AM
You may recall I used to harangue a really foul person for a couple of years until he improved his behaviour. I do not recall you criticising me then.
It was more warranted in the former situation, yet you're worse now than you were then. I suspect you're getting more ornery as the years pass, as you work your way to the rocking chair on the porch. (It certainly's happening to me, and I'm only 40.)

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

Mick P
05-06-05, 08:32 AM
Mike

You are not supposed to write to me because I have to reply back to you. You will upset the natives.

Regards

Mick........hoping this will be the last posting in this particular section.

Mike Hanson
05-06-05, 08:47 AM
You are not supposed to write to me because I have to reply back to you. You will upset the natives.
Sorry everybody. I didn't realize that this thread was back on-track until I posted my message.

-=> Mike Hanson <=-