pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > discussion > music

Notices

Old 24-04-12, 03:15 PM
>^..^< *Meow*

Any other musicians here? What noises do you make?

Apart from Fox, is there anyone else on here who makes music and if you do, what sort.

I'll offer my compositions to start the ball rolling, an amateur collection of shamefully 70s / 80s electonic influenced stuff:

My Soundcloud page here

Lets hear yours.

(And if anyone wants to advise how I can master my recordings better to make 'em less 'flat', I'd be grateful )
Old 24-04-12, 03:25 PM
pfm Member

I play pedal steel, and sing. Classically trained(vocal performance degree)

but yeah, my main thing is acoustic and pedal steel, singing, engineering and production
Old 24-04-12, 03:26 PM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker_UK View Post
Apart from Fox, is there anyone else on here who makes music and if you do, what sort.

I'll offer my compositions to start the ball rolling, an amateur collection of shamefully 70s / 80s electonic influenced stuff:

My Soundcloud page here

Lets hear yours.

(And if anyone wants to advise how I can master my recordings better to make 'em less 'flat', I'd be grateful )
ill gladly tweak your stuff , gratis man...or listen to it and make suggestions(via pm of course)
Old 24-04-12, 03:38 PM
>^..^< *Meow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Ray View Post
ill gladly tweak your stuff , gratis man...or listen to it and make suggestions(via pm of course)
Thx
Old 24-04-12, 04:27 PM
pfm Member

Tenor sax & clarinet, though I've recently started again after a 10yr break for family reasons. I'm debating with myself whether I have the time and energy to do the whole band/gigs thing again. One day, maybe when our kid is grown up and more independent. For now just a bedroom player (trying to figure out old jazz solos/tunes, and practicing improv. to my Jamie Aebersold CDs.)
Old 24-04-12, 05:04 PM
Bulbous Also Tapered

I've been playing guitar, badly, for 45 years. Typical Baby Boom guitarist - vintage gear, great tone, no chops.
Old 25-04-12, 12:59 AM
Live Fast - Die Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank View Post
I've been playing guitar, badly, for 45 years. Typical Baby Boom guitarist - vintage gear, great tone, no chops.
Guitar for me too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSNSKHSIMMU
Old 25-04-12, 12:38 PM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Decadent View Post
fixt
Old 25-04-12, 12:50 PM
pfm Member

Played mandolin in Old-Time band playing for step dancers for 16 years.
Guitar for 35 years - pretty poor considering the years.
Generally mediocre at most instruments I turn my hand to, fiddle, keyboards, hammered dulcimer. I don't practice enough. Plenty of practice on the mandolin, though.
I have no imagination for composition so envious of the electronica posted by seeker_uk, really nice. Well done!
Old 25-04-12, 12:58 PM
pfm Member

I've just seen Dave Decadent's post - Alcester Warwickshire? I play in a folk session there.
Old 25-04-12, 02:31 PM
pfm Member

I play some guitar and drums. Enjoy songwriting and am very thankful for Autotune and Ableton - absolutely not a professional musician. 'Nuff said!
Old 25-04-12, 02:59 PM
pfm Member

Pianist, organist, composer, conductor and singer (choral). Done a bit of broadcasting etc. but my biggest claim to fame is surely playing piano on Partners in Grime by the immortal Ivor Biggun.
Old 25-04-12, 05:01 PM
Bulbous Also Tapered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Decadent View Post
Is that a Hofner?
Old 26-04-12, 10:16 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank View Post
Typical Baby Boom guitarist - vintage gear, great tone, no chops.
Very honest. I'm similar. An old "The Paul", but at least I've slimmed my amp down to a Vox tonelab which I put through a PA if I want it loud, which I usually don't because I'm embarrassingly bad.

I finally accepted I would never be a guitarist about 10 yrs ago and sold my Fender bassman to the lead guitarist in the band I was then playing tenor sax in.

Now I just use guitar to get the sound of chord sequences that I'm trying to improvise on sax over. It's a real help to play a polyphonic instrument when learning to improvise, even if you don't play very well.

On the subject of vintage gear I recently went down that route on tenor sax, picking up an old rather sad looking (but great sounding) King Super 20 tenor, and a custom Otto link tone edge mouthpiece. Having lots of fun now trying to sound like some of the 60s blue note recordings (and failing due to lack of chops !)
Old 27-04-12, 01:03 AM
Live Fast - Die Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by gct View Post
I've just seen Dave Decadent's post - Alcester Warwickshire? I play in a folk session there.
Yeah it was at The Swan supporting Army of Skanks - a captive audience on a Saturday night