pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > discussion > audio

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #691  
Old 29-04-12, 06:22 AM
JonR JonR is offline
Brainwashed Bloke
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Basil threatened to play me an episode of Buffy on a recent visit to his place.

On seeing the colour draining from my face we quickly got back to some June Tabor.
Oh dear, Rob, I think you missed a treat there!
__________________
Jon
  #692  
Old 29-04-12, 06:29 AM
sq225917 sq225917 is offline
situation engineer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 17,219
If AVI wish not to be ridiculed on the internet all they have to do is stop making ridiculous claims that are founded on patent untruths. It really is that simple.
  #693  
Old 29-04-12, 06:35 AM
arthur arthur is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,945
I like the AVI spiel. It's great fun. Not so much JC's personal tirades though.

As for Ash's claims, realistic or not, they are no worse than say MF's, Ivor the liar's, Naim's or many others. Especially cable makers.

And of course, in the big scheme of things, it's non consequential.
  #694  
Old 29-04-12, 06:39 AM
Cereal Killer Cereal Killer is offline
fourhundredandthirtytwo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,828
MF granted can be foo-ish, but Linn and Naim publish specs, and (nearly all the time) when there kits measured, performs beyond it.
__________________
Meridian MC200 - DSP6000MKII
  #695  
Old 29-04-12, 06:40 AM
Tony L Tony L is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 40,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur View Post
As for Ash's claims, realistic or not, they are no worse than say MF's, Ivor the liar's, Naim's or many others. Especially cable makers.
My favourite was when MF gave a little 'power calculator' away on the front of a hi-fi magazine that "proved" 95% of all the amps they'd ever made weren't "powerful enough" for the job in hand. A lovely Ratner's Moment.
  #696  
Old 29-04-12, 06:41 AM
Cereal Killer Cereal Killer is offline
fourhundredandthirtytwo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,828
MF also publish spec
__________________
Meridian MC200 - DSP6000MKII
  #697  
Old 29-04-12, 06:46 AM
arthur arthur is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacey View Post
MF granted can be foo-ish, but Linn and Naim publish specs, and (nearly all the time) when there kits measured, performs beyond it.
I was referring to the ENORMOUS price of the 'upgrades to the lp12 Raj, near criminal. And of course to the magic new cable from Naim. Especially after years of telling everyone it didn't matter.
  #698  
Old 29-04-12, 06:46 AM
arthur arthur is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony L View Post
My favourite was when MF gave a little 'power calculator' away on the front of a hi-fi magazine that "proved" 95% of all the amps they'd ever made weren't "powerful enough" for the job in hand. A lovely Ratner's Moment.
I'd forgotten about that, classic stuff.


TL: Thread continued here.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
pink fish media