Go Back   pink fish media > discussion > off topic

Notices

Old 21-07-17, 08:39 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McC View Post
Don't get too giddy scum.

Your first team beat our reserves.

Watching Foden humiliating Pogba and Herrera was refreshing though.

And of course the last time City lost to the scum pre season the next time they met what was the score?

Let me remind you...

Scum 1 City 6

"You lucky bastards, it should have been ten.."
And in 1066 England was successfully invaded by the French and even further back in the sands of time Adam met Eve...........
Old 22-07-17, 06:39 AM
pfm Member

Not one from this transfer window, but Batshuayi looks like a new player.

His two very well taken goals and an assist against Arsenal today were impressive enough on their own, but his general hold up play and a couple of excellent defensive headers out added up to a good, solid, all round performance.

There were two occasions when he really should've passed and instead choose to shoot, but his goals, a delicate curling finish around the keeper and a long range blast after winning the ball in our own half, both with his 'wrong' foot, show he could be as good as a new player for us this year
Old 22-07-17, 06:53 AM
pfm Member

The bin dippers have signed Robertson from Hull.
Old 22-07-17, 09:14 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks.234 View Post
Not one from this transfer window, but Batshuayi looks like a new player.
He was good against the Arses. I'm glad he hasn't gone out on loan and nobody has bought him, although I thought he was a bit iffy when he played last year.

Batshuayi will definitely keep new striker Morata on his toes. The latter makes his Chelsea debut against Bayern on Tuesday. It is a shame that Loic Remy didn't score when he had a couple of chances.

Chelsea beat the Arses while fielding quite a lot of youngsters, who we rarely get to see. Most of them look really good and some like Ivory Coast international Jeremie Boga seem potentially great.

Boga is a midfielder. He swerved and dribbled his way through Arsenal, as reported in the Metro.

The 20-year-old has yet to make his official debut for Chelsea's senior side, but he humiliated Arsenal's defence today.

Chelsea could so really well this year, even if we don't end up signing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Dortmund, Sanchez or Augero.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is out of the running I reckon for Chelsea. He didn't play well at all today. Alonso stepped over his sliding tackle to set up the third goal for Batshuayi.

Chelsea supporters have tweeted that the England international would be a waste of money. On the other hand he has been a right tricky mover in the past.

We'll find out in the future. The transfer window is open for another six weeks. I reckon Conte has got something planned.

Jack

Last edited by jackbarron; 22-07-17 at 09:32 AM.
Old 24-07-17, 11:55 AM
pfm Member

Alvaro Morata will wear a No. 9 shirt. Many hoped he wouldn't, because Torres played in one. Aside from a vital goal in The Champions League, Fernando was a very expensive waste of space.

Morata hopefully won't be the same. We'll find out tomorrow night when he plays for Chelsea against Bayern Munich.

Jack
Old Yesterday, 04:29 AM
Living the life of Riley

Lindelof - Gerrimoff!

LOL
Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbarron View Post
Alvaro Morata will wear a No. 9 shirt. Many hoped he wouldn't, because Torres played in one. Aside from a vital goal in The Champions League, Fernando was a very expensive waste of space.

Morata hopefully won't be the same. We'll find out tomorrow night when he plays for Chelsea against Bayern Munich.

Jack
We looked a bit of a shambles, esp first half. Lot of twitter trolls blame Kante, but I think the problem is he Cesc. He just doesn't defend well. All his thought and vision is forwards, he doesn't think behind, doesn't think 'what if'.

Matic is brilliant in this position. Not flash, never going to win MotM, but an essential cog in the machine that allows others to shine. No Matic (or Matic type player), no shine. If Kante goes forward, he drops back, if we lose the ball, he immediately repositions himself for the 'what if'.

Selling him, and it looks like we are, will be madness. Let's hope the new guy can do a job.
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks.234 View Post
We looked a bit of a shambles, esp first half. Lot of twitter trolls blame Kante, but I think the problem is he Cesc. He just doesn't defend well. All his thought and vision is forwards, he doesn't think behind, doesn't think 'what if'.

Matic is brilliant in this position. Not flash, never going to win MotM, but an essential cog in the machine that allows others to shine. No Matic (or Matic type player), no shine. If Kante goes forward, he drops back, if we lose the ball, he immediately repositions himself for the 'what if'.

Selling him, and it looks like we are, will be madness. Let's hope the new guy can do a job.
Chelsea were definitely a shambles in the first half against Bayern. It would be all too easy to blame this on the fact that we didn't have Hazard, Pedro or Costa, but that would be to miss the point. We simply didn't have a joined up or energetic defence.

I've always felt a bit iffy about Matic. He can be great at times, but has a nasty habit of giving the ball away. He is also getting slower.

I hope the players we have brought in like Bakayoko, Rudiger and Andreas Christensen, who is returning from B Monchengladbach, can cover for Matic when he moves. They should be able to.

Alvaro Morata was good when he appeared, but didn't have much of a chance to shine. Bayern immediately hacked him down. He is going to have a punishing season I think.

At least Chelsea pulled their collective socks up against in the second half. Luiz came on and put a bit of a spring into the team. Shame they didn't beat the Germans. It is crap losing even a friendly.

Jack
Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM
pfm Member

Conte reckons Spurs haven't bought any major players because they don't think they will win anything, reports the Metro.

‘My question is this — What are Tottenham’s expectations?’ asked Conte

'If they don’t win the title, it’s not a tragedy.

‘If they don’t arrive in the Champions League, it’s not a tragedy.

‘If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it’s not a tragedy.

‘If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League and go down against Gent, it is not a tragedy.

‘For Chelsea, Arsenal, City, United and… I don’t know… Liverpool, it is a tragedy.'

Conte is right. Spurs are a team of losers.

Jack