pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > commerce > trade announcements

Notices

Old 03-11-16, 10:41 AM
Trade: HiFi Lounge

World’s First Michell Engineering Orbe SE-R Build!

Hi All,

I was really pleased to be able to sell and install the worlds first Michell engineering Orbe SE-R recently, thanks Darren :-) It really is a stunning turntable and is Michell’s new flagship turntable based on their Orbe SE but the base in now integral into the design, it has the normal stunning Michell look but incorporates a few tweaks to further enhance performance.

The customer also specified a couple of brands that we didn’t stock at the time but happily do now, Whest Audio phono stages and Kiseki cartridges, these will be added to the website shortly, so anyway I just thought I would post a few pictures of the build process as it can be quite involved and takes a fair bit of time to assemble and set everything correctly. For the arm a SME V was used, these really are a joy to work on giving so much adjustment, it really is a beautiful piece if engineering.

Assembling a new design of turntable with a phono stage and cartridge I had never used before had me wondering how it would all come together but I have to say it sounded stunning, a really gorgeous and natural open midrange and top end with a very solid bottom end driving the music on, an extremely natural and organic sound, you just can’t beat vinyl :-)

http://hifilounge.co.uk/michell-engi...se-r-turntable

Anyway onto the pics -

Base with Spider Installed

Platter base with Armboard installed

SMA V Arm Fitted

Starting to come together

Kiseki Blue Unpacking

Cartridge installed with Platter, time to set the arm!

Whest Audio Phono Stage hooked up!

Just needs the adjusting pillar covers installing

Ready to go to the customer for final installation

Cheers,
Paul.
Old 09-11-16, 11:18 AM

Atlas Announce Limited Edition Mavros Ultra Interconnect!

Hi All,

Anyone who has been into HFL knows that we love our Atlas Cables here, in fact most of our customers that have bought cables from us are now Atlas cable owners with many expressing how happy they are with this addition to their system.

For me I have always loved the fact that Atlas cables don’t really add anything to the sound, it is not a bright or forward cable, it just gets out of the way and let’s the kit do its thing, if anything I would say Atlas Cables go towards the more natural and organic side of the sound field.

Anyway the point of this blog is that Atlas recently won ‘Cable of the Year’ for its Mavros Ultra interconnect in the HiFi News review of the year edition, so firstly congratulations to Atlas for this well deserved award, and to commemorate this achievement Atlas are producing a limited Edition version of the Mavros Ultra, now I have to say as a big Atlas fan I am very tempted to bag one of these goodies for myself so it is supposed to be limited to 50 pairs but I think you are better of saying 49 pairs :-)

Anyway you can find out more below -

Features:
  • Limited production run (Available until 31/12/16 or 50 pairs max)
  • Luxurious Gold plated Ultra RCA plugs
  • Unique sequence of serial numbers
  • Hand signed limited edition authenticity certificate
  • Special Atlas presentation box
  • Prices starting at £1495.00 inc vat (1.0m pair)

Below is the HiFi News Review of Mavros -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/image/attach...tra_Review.pdf

Kevin Kelly, Managing Director of Atlas Cables had the below to say regarding the launch of the Mavros Ultra SE “We have been overwhelmed by the success of the Mavros range, so it was only fitting for us to highlight this success with a limited run of Special Edition analogue interconnect cables in recognition of the global accolades it has achieved. Mavros epitomises the Atlas DNA – a great-sounding cable created through true scientific research using the very latest materials designed specifically for the job in hand. Hand-built at our dedicated factory in Scotland, we are proud to present this Special Edition version of the Mavros Ultra, which showcases the very best performance we have achieved with copper cable technology to date.”

The reviewers say;

HiFi News - Mavros Ultra

Atlas’s Asimi Ultra had already dispelled the myth that all silver cables sound ‘bright’ but the copper-infused Mavros Ultra succeeds in sounding smoother still. It helps instil a settled quietness to musical backgrounds, the system sounding free of grit and grain and yet not so luxuriant or sweet that the shimmering edge of percussion or brass is polished away.

HiFi world - Mavros Ultra RCA

The ability of the interconnect to combine speed with such composure resulted, time and again, in a stellar musical performance.

Mavros Ultra RCA/XLR

This is a supremely well-balanced cable with a standard of construction and finish to match.

So anyway to wrap up, if you would like to be one of the 49 ;-) remaining people to own this special edition cable please feel free to get in touch.

Please find a link below to the rest of the Atlas range -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/atlas-cables

Thanks,

Paul.
Old 10-11-16, 11:10 AM

Arcam FMJ P429 Amplifier Now on Demo!

Hi All,

I just wanted to mention that after what seems like an eternity of waiting we finally have the Arcam P429 4 channel amplifier on demo and it is now available to buy, I know a lot of people have been waiting for this. In it’s own right it is a great amp to be used in a 2 channel stereo system offering 90 watts per channel which can be bridged to give a pretty potent 270 WPC in stereo mode of pure Glass G power but I know most of our customers have been waiting for this amp to partner with their Arcam AVR850 or AVR550 in an Atmos system to give the potential to run 7.1.4 setup.

This is what we are going to be mainly using the P429 for in our cinema setup for, although we are only running a 5.1.4 setup but it certainly makes a great addition, if you haven’t heard Atmos running I highly recommend it, it really is a game changer for home cinema audio, this partnered with our demo 850′s Dirac room correction really does offer the best home cinema sound I have heard, it really is total immersion, for anyone who wants to know more about Dirac Arcam have recently put a video together that you can watch in the link on our website below -

Anyway if you’d like to experience Atmos + Dirac on an AVR850 partnered with the P429 please feel free to pop in for a listen anytime -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/arcam-fmj-p429

Thanks,
Paul.
Old 16-11-16, 10:27 AM

New Pioneer N-50DAB All In One Player Now On Demo!

Hi All,

I have been a Pioneer fan for many years now, I think it is because I had many of their receivers at home long before starting HFL culminating in the mighty Susano which was just epic, that has to be one of the best AV Receivers ever made, shame they don’t make a current model really.

Anyway we have a small selection of Pioneer products here and we have just added the new N-50DAB all in one player to our demo line up, I have to say that this has got to be the HiFi Bargain of the century, if you imagine a Naim Uniti 2 but for £699, in fact it also has a really good phono stage built in so it actually packs more features than the Uniti 2, OK it may not sound quite as good and has as much power but for £699 you really can’t complain.

You can read the full specs below but if you are looking for an all in one player that you just need to add speakers to at a really sensible price then I would suggest that the Pioneer N-50DAB is well worth a look, I have spent a few days playing around with it and there is nothing to fault really, a special mention should also go to the control app as it is very slick and very intuitive and with the internal phono stage you could add something like the Rega Planar 3 and you really would have all the music playback bases covered. This is one of those products where I really can’t see how they can make it for the money, top job Pioneer :-)

http://hifilounge.co.uk/pioneer-n50d...-in-one-player

So as mentioned we have this on permanent demo so please feel free to get in touch to arrange a demo if you think it could be a product for you.

Thanks,
Paul.
Old 24-11-16, 03:06 AM

Chord Electronics TToby now on Demo!

Hi all,

Just a quick blog to say that we now have the new Chord Electronics TToby power amplifier on demo, this can be used as a stand alone 2 channel power amplifier delivering 100 watts per channel into 4ohms but its main purpose for existing is to partner with the multi award winning Chord Hugo TT DAC / Headamp / Pre-amp.

Put these 2 products together with a pair of speakers and a source and you have a very compact and highend digital system with one of the best DAC’s in the world at it’s heart, as the TT is also a very accomplished Pre-amp it really does make it an extremely versatile 2 box system. that can also drive any pair of headphones out there as again the headphone sections really is excellent, I have compared it against dedicated headphone amps and it really does hold its own without any compromise or loss of quality.

Anyway if you’d like a demo or even a home demo of TToby please feel free to get in touch.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-electronics-ttoby

Thanks,
Paul.
Old 01-12-16, 02:09 AM

BlueSound Now Available at HiFi Lounge!

Hi All,

There is no doubting that Wireless speakers are now extremely popular with arguably Sonos leading the way, we actually have quite a few options here starting with Riva then Sonos, then going to the excellent Naim Muso and Muso Qb with the ridiculously good Devialet Phantoms topping the tree which I would say is the first wireless speaker you can sit down and listen to as you would with traditional hifi. Well now we have another addition to our wireless range of speakers, the multi award winning BlueSound.

Now BlueSound has been around for quite some time now but has only been available through Sevenoaks stores but now BlueSound has opened their range up to some independent dealers like us so when I was approached I jumped at the opportunity as it is a brand I have watched for some time as they have a range very much like Sonos but with the added bonus that they can play 24 bit music and are also ready for MQA when hopefully it all kicks of next year.

There are 2 products within the BlueSound range that I think will suit our customers, the Node 2 Streamer and the Vault 2 CD Ripper / Storage / Player. Firstly the Node 2 is a elegant black box that you can plug into your existing hifi and use it to stream from your NAS or from the Vault 2 but it also brings all the internet services to your existing HiFi like Tidal, Deezer and Spotify etc, and this will stream up to 24/192 and is MQA ready. The Vault 2 is a brilliant product that is extremely flexible, firstly it will rip your CD’s and store them internally within its 2TB’s of storage, you can then either stream to other devices on your network or you can use the digital output into a DAC or use the analogue outs into an amp and use it as a player using the excellent BlueSound app, so it is one of those products that really does take all the hassle out of how to get your CD collection ripped so you can enjoy the benefits of streaming, it can even be used with Sonos or the Muso’s.

Also BlueSound have a range of wireless speakers, a Soundbar and a sub which we have access to but for the moment it is the Node 2 and Vault 2 we have on demo as for me these really are products that can really enhance other products we have here from other manufacturer’s.

You can see the range below and if you think the Node 2 or Vault 2 could be of interest please feel free to get in touch to discuss further.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/bluesound

Thanks,
Paul.
Old 04-01-17, 04:24 AM

Piega Speakers Now on Demo!

Hi All,

Happy New Year, let’s hope 2017 is a good one :-)

Just a quick blog to say that we now have Piega Speakers on demo, now I have to be honest that Piega was not a speaker brand I was really aware of until the Rep got in touch to see if I would be interested in having a listen, apparently they are a big brand in Europe but have never really ever got a footing in the UK market, I guess we have so many great UK speaker brands that it must be hard for a foreign company to make an impact.

Basically Piega are all hand made in Switzerland and like anything Swiss they do ooze quality and being that they use ribbon tweeters I was curious as we don’t have anything like that in HFL. So as I am always keen to listen to something new the rep brought in a pair of Classic 3.0′s and 5.0′s for me to listen to and in all honesty the last thing I need is more speakers so I thought I would have a listen and politely say many thanks but they are not for me, but in the end it was quite the opposite, I was so impressed with the level of sound for the money I just couldn’t resist so we now have a pair of Classic 3.0′s and 5.0′s on permanent demo and if anyone is interested in anything from the rest of the range we can call them in when required.

What I have since learned with Ribbon tweeters is that you get a very open and natural top end with no harshness or brightness but still getting all the detail, I do think it is quite a tricky component to get right but it does seem worth the effort once you hear it. So if you are looking for new speakers, which to be fair is probably the hardest part of any HiFi to buy then I would strongly suggest you give Piega a try as like me you may be pleasantly surprised.

Other than ribbon tweeters Piega are also known for their Aluminium cabinets for their higher end designs, you can see the full range below -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/piega-speakers

Any questions please feel free to get in touch.

Regards,

Paul.

Old 10-01-17, 11:46 AM

Chord Electronics Unveil Hugo 2, Blu 2 and Poly at CES!

Hi All,

Well it was certainly a big CES this year for Chord Electronics with the announcement of 3 new and very exciting products, just so you know Chord are taking Pre-Orders so if you want to be near the front of the queue please get in touch as these are bound to be as popular as any product Chord has launched recently.

Hugo 2 Headphone Amp / DAC

I think it is fair to say that the original Hugo was a real game changer when launched in 2013, I think it’s success even surprised Chord as it caught everyones imagination, originally designed to be a portable device it ended up finding it’s way into a lot of home highend systems, being that that digital world moves along so quick Hugo 2 really does look to move things along again using the latest DAC technology and Rob Watt’s magic, please see a snippet from Chord’s website below + you can read more on our site -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-hugo-2

‘The legend, remastered. The world’s most advanced transportable DAC/Headphone Amp has undergone a drastic redesign – Welcome to Hugo 2.

Beginning with 26,000 taps back in 2013 with the original Hugo, Hugo 2 now has an incredible 49,152 and uses techniques developed over the past four years to deliver a stunningly clear audio performance, such has never been heard from a mobile DAC/Headphone Amp before.

Hugo doesn’t just deliver better performance and measurements, it’s got all new casework developed by Chief Designer – John Franks, increases PCM support to 768kHz and adds up to DSD512 (Octa-DSD) native playback, now includes four filter options, remote control functionality, increased Bluetooth range, and sports Micro USB charging.’

Blu II Upscaling CD Transport

Personally I am really looking froward to this one as it promises to take CD playback to new levels using a powerful new FPGA core where Rob Watts has developed sophisticated WTA (Watts Transient Alignment) filtering and upscaling algorithms which can output digital data at 705.6kHz (16 x CD’s 44.1kHz native resolution). I know a few people that have heard it and they say CD has never sounded better, there certainly seems to be life left in the old dog yet :-)

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-blu-2-transport

‘Welcome to Blu Mk. II – CD Without Limits – The Blu Mk. II is our advanced second generation FPGA CD transport. Designed for DAVE it up samples your CD collection (or BNC/S/PDIF input) to a mighty ONE MILLION taps.

At its core lies a giant state of the art Xilinx XC7A200T FPGA loaded with the world’s most advanced filter technology by Rob Watts. This, combined with the legendary precision of the CD Pro 2 mechanism and a Chord Electronics proprietary switch mode power supply, creates an experience never heard before from CD – setting a new standard. Blu Mk. II also sports a stunning revised aesthetic developed by Chord’s Chief Designer – John Franks.’

Poly Wireless Streaming Module for Mojo

This one had been rumoured for some time so it is great to see it finally see the light of day, basically Poly is a plug on module that will turn the award winning Mojo into a Hi-Res wireless network player and SD card player, in reality making the Mojo a portable player, this could be another game changer from Chord.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-poly

‘Mojo just got smarter – Connect. Play Go. with Poly – the Wireless Network SD Playback Module.

Poly allows the award-award wining Mojo DAC/Headphone amplifier to become a high resolution wireless network music player, streamer, and SD card playback device, removing the need for a wired link. It’s based on a condensed high-level PC, with data server, DNLA streamer, Wi-Fi hub, Bluetooth module, and SD card reader/player.’

So 3 really exciting products that we will have available for demo one launched, all are quoted for early 2017 so I would say around late February / March but once Chord are back from CES I will be able to get firmer details but please feel free to get in touch to discuss in more depth.

Regards,

Paul.
Old 28-01-17, 10:46 AM

Arcam AV860 Now Installed In Full Arcam 5.1.4 Atmos Setup!

Hi All,

This is just a quickie to say that on Thursday we installed the new Arcam AV860 Processor in to our cinema setup, once we have the new showrooms opened then the upstairs demo room many of you will know will be mainly used as our cinema room so we decided to kit it out in style with a full Arcam rig with the new AV860 processor at its heart, I can see one of these ending up at home to be honest, as I have had the AV888 and AV950 that proceeded it and with the AV860 having Dirac on board then I don’t think I can resist :-)

So for our main cinema setup we now have an Arcam FMJ P349 driving the front 3 speakers and a FMJ P49 driving the rears with a FMJ P429 driving the 4 Atmos speakers as well as the AV860 controlling it all, so a pretty potent system to be honest that really does sound epic, and once again Dirac proves it’s worth.

If you’d like to experience this rig at anytime please feel free to get in touch to arrrange a demo.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/arcam-av-860-processor

Cheers,
Paul.
Old 16-02-17, 10:41 AM

dCS Network Bridge Now On Demo!

Hi There,

I just wanted to write a quick blog to say that we now have the dCS Network bridge on demo, personally I have been looking forward to this one as it has the potential to be the perfect device to link your digital music collection to your favourite DAC or digital amp, especially as it is Roon Ready.

So in a nutshell the dCS Network Bridge is a very powerful piece of hardware that links to your network and will see the data on your NAS and using the dCS app or Roon can then be passed onto a DAC of some kind, you can also attached a USB Hard Drive to access your music + it has streaming service like Tidal and Spotify built in and is AirPlay compatible.

One the hardware front it has a powerful FPGA chip at it’s heart and can even have a clock attached like with the Rossini and Vivaldi to reduce jitter and help timing, having seen how effective this is with our demo Rossini this is actually a great feature. It will also play all files up to 24 / 384 as well as DSD 64 and 128 in native or DOP and can also down sample for older Dacs.

What really excites me about the Bridge is that it is ROON ready, now I know a lot of my customers have been using ROON for some time now but I have just started using it when we got our dCS Rossini and I have to say that there is no going back now, basically it is an extremely powerful piece of software that brings all your digital music together into one very metadata rich interface so whether using Tidal, Quboz or Upnp for a Nas you can see it all in one place with links to similar artists, lyrics, a radio station that will play similar music once your playlist has finished, I could go one but once you have experienced Roon everything else does seem quite lacking, and for a life time subscription for around £400 it really is worth every penny.

When I get a chance I am quite keen to compare the dCS Network Bridge against the Aurender X100L, one of my favourite sources, as they are similarly priced but considering dCS used to distribute Aurender they know what they need to beat on the sound quality front so that should be very interesting, but inevitably it is a different solution how to access your digital music Library but one that looks to tick all the boxes.

If this sounds of any interest please feel free to get in touch to arrange a demo or even a home demo if that would be more useful.

Please find some un-boxing pics below and a link to the Network Bridge on our website -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/dcs-network-bridge

Cheers,
Paul.
Old 25-02-17, 06:01 AM

Rega Launch Red Planar 2 and 3 + Ania MC Cartridge!

Hi All,

At the Bristol HiFi Show this weekend Rega announced red versions of the excellent Planar 2 and Planer 3 turntables and I have to say that they look gorgeous, also look closely to the Planar 3 and see if you can notice anything else a little different, I had to take a double take as I could see the cartridge didn’t look like an Elys2 that would normally come with a Planar 3 and actually looked more like Rega’s top end Apheta 2 design, well it turns out it is a new cartridge called the Ania which is a Moving Coil design and will retail for £498 and should be the perfect partner for the Planar 3 and RP6, there will also be a cheaper MC phono stage coming shortly from Rega called the Fono MC for £248 to match the Ania, I can see these being very popular indeed as we seem to get more and more demand for turntables as the months go on which is really great to see.

Please see some pictures below of the new finish, needless to say we will have these on demo asap, the red versions of the TT’s will be available sometime on April so if you’d like to place a pre-order please get in touch -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/rega

Rega Planar 2

Rega Planar 3

Cheers,
Paul.
Old 06-04-17, 05:04 AM

Piega TMicro 60 AMT Speakers Now On Demo!

Hi All,

Well Piega have done it again, for the 2nd time the Piega rep has bought a pair of speakers in that I just can’t resist, in all honesty the last thing I need in here is more speakers but everytime Piega bring something new in I just can’t believe how good they are, especially for the money, so I end up buying a pair, I am so weak.

Obviously there is a lot of choice when it comes to speakers but the TMicro really does offer something different, firstly they are very slim, very difficult for anyone not to like their styling I would say, secondly they use a ribbon tweeter giving a very natural and open sound, thirdly the cabinets are made from aluminium and when it comes to price I am still not sure how Piega do it but they are only £1499 for the aluminium finish or £1599 for black or white.

So they really do offer a very stylish lifestyle look but also don’t compromise on sound quality, needless to say they can be a little limited at the bottom end as due to the cabinet width the driver are quite small but I have put a small REL T-Zero with them and once matched well it is a great partnership giving a sound for under £1900 that I would say is unbeatable.

Anyway we have them on demo if you’d like to come and have a listen anytime, I know you’ll be impressed as I was :-)

http://hifilounge.co.uk/piega-tmicro-60-speakers

Thanks,
Paul.
Old 11-09-17, 06:07 AM

Sony Native 4K Projector’s Now On Demo!

Hi All,

Well I guess most people have heard of Sony, I would say they are pretty much the leading manufacturer of electronic products in the world today so we are really pleased to add Sony’s range of projectors to our portfolio, especially their 4K range that has just had 3 new editions, the VPL-VW260ES, VPL-VW360ES and the laser VPL-VW760ES, which now brings Native 4K projection down to £5199 with the 260ES.

On Permanent Demonstration

These new projectors join the already well established and multi award winning VPL-VW550ES which we now have on permanent demo, soon to be joined by the VW260ES once available.

When it comes to Native 4K projection I think it is fair to say that Sony really are leading the way, especially now as you can enter at the £5000 price mark. Large screen TV’s are pretty much common place nowadays but if you really love Cinema then there is nothing better than watching your favourite films and the latest blockbusters projected onto the big screen for that truly cinematic feel, it is much more immersive and really does make a 65″ look quite small, I know it is not always possible to add projection for a lot of people, but if you can I strongly recommend you give it a try, there will be no going back.

Sony’s latest projectors really are packed with all the latest features like 4k and HDR and with Sony’s latest SXRD panel you get extremely high contrast but not at the expense of deep black levels, for me though it is the level of detail these projectors can conjure up that is quite remarkable, especially when fed something like Planet Earth 2 in 4k with HDR, not to mention the very natural colour balance and smooth motion, we have this Blu Ray here so if you’d like to see 4K projection at its best please feel free to come in and we can fire it up, I know you will be impressed.

It should also be mentioned that you get up to 6000 hours bulb life from a Sony Projector so you really can use it as much as you like and not have to worry about the bulb wearing out.

Arcam / Sony Cinema Of Excellence Open Day - November 25th

A quick headsup, we are going to have an Arcam Cinema of Excellence event here using the Sony VW550ES on November 25th showing what is possible with Arcam’s brilliant range of Receivers and Processor’s and Sony’s latest 4K projectors showing some excellent 4K footage so please put the date in your calendar, should be a good one.

So we may be a HiFi Shop but we do love our home cinema and with brands like Arcam, OPPO, JVC and now Sony I think we have the brands to put together some of the best home cinema systems available so please feel free to come along to experience what is possible with a demo in our Atmos 5.1.4 Home Cinema room.

Please see below for a link to the full range of Sony Projectors -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/sony-4k-projectors

Thanks,

Paul.

Old 04-10-17, 03:17 AM

Devialet ‘Gold My Phantom’ Promotion!

Hi All,

I just wanted to make everyone aware of a great promotion Devialet are holding at the moment until the 15th November, basically if you have a White or Silver Phantom then Devialet are making it very easy for you to upgrade to the excellent Gold Phantom which is more powerful, has a much more open tweeter and has a later internal architecture to give a real step up in performance, we have the full range of Phantom’s here if you would like to come in to compare.

Please see below for the costs involved to upgrade to the Gold Phantom -

How much?
  • Phantom to Gold Phantom: £1,190
  • Silver Phantom to Gold Phantom: £990

As you can see it is a very good promotion, if you are interested please get in touch, all you need to do is bring your Phantom’s into me, pay the balance and you will walk away with your Gold Phantoms.

Any questions please don’t hesitate to ask, don’t forget though that this promotion only runs till 15th November.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/devialet-phantom-range

Cheers,

Paul.

Old 12-10-17, 09:27 AM

New Art Installed, The Highend Room Is Finished, at long last!

Hi All,

I just wanted to say a big thank you to our resident artist and friend Keith Sunasky who has just been in and installed 2 paintings that we commissioned him to do for our new Highend Room and we really couldn't be happier, they look just awesome, Perfect, thanks Keith

We have got quite a lot of Keith's art up in the showrooms so if you like what he does then please feel free to come in and see if any of it takes your fancy.

Cheers,

Paul.