pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > discussion > audio

Notices

Old 07-02-17, 02:23 AM
pfm Member

Cool thanks.
Old 07-02-17, 02:32 AM
pfm Member

I suggested connecting to a TV so that you could confirm the install of the wifi and get the IP address.
When that is done and you have the IP, unplug and install it where you want then configure pcp headless by typing the IP address into a browser search bar.
Old 07-02-17, 02:34 AM
pfm Member

Cheers for that. Using the telly as opposed to plumbing in to the router would certainly be easier for me. I'll certainly give it a go first off and follow the link posted.
Many thanks
Old 07-02-17, 03:27 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyh View Post
Swotting up frantically before it comes a lot of info. seems to say it still needs connecting to an Ethernet connection.
This poses a slight problem as my router is firmly lodged in the corner of the "junk room", a place nobody dare's go

It's going to be a right PITA

Get a loooong ethernet lead.
Old 07-02-17, 03:41 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by formbypc View Post
Get a loooong ethernet lead.
Aye, it would have to be long too
Old 07-02-17, 05:59 AM
PFM Special Builder

Quote:
Thanks very much Chilly. Installing Ipcoreplayer is indeed my first aim when the PI arrives plus win32diskimager, did you install that too? I realised I had to plug it in to the router for initial set up via info given here, is he TV method just an alternative?

Great to know you are streaming to the hifi on it. You have no Ethernet connected to it at all now it's set up?

Have you managed to stream tidal yet which is my aim?

Router is SKY so hoping it's as simple as your experience with the BT hub.

Great info and thanks again.
Using the TV will give you a display to see the Pi booting. If you attach a USB keyboard to the Pi you can login to PiCorePlayer using,
username: tc
password: piCore

Have a look here for lots of details.

I've used win32diskimager before, works fine and simple to use.

Tidal is available as a plugin for LMS (Logitech Media Server - installed from PiCorePlayer)

Garf
Old 07-02-17, 06:25 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiily View Post

Tidal is available as a plugin for LMS (Logitech Media Server - installed from PiCorePlayer)
Also available from MySqueezebox.com. Last year I helped a wammer to set up a Squeezebox Touch as a Tidal streamer, it's all he uses.

There is also the Ickstream plugin on LMS
Old 07-02-17, 07:08 AM
pfm Member

Thanks Chilly, great news.

Anyway just been out and have sorted the Ethernet issue I hope, so much so I may even use it full time on the PI.

With only having 2 sockets behind the rack I was always going to struggle.
However I saw in Maplins a "pass through" home plug that plugs in but has a a 3 pin socket on the outside. I bought a set.

I also bought a nice quality IEC male connector which I will fit to the MDAC power supply thus enabling it to connect straight on to the spare head I have on the Grahams Hydra I use to power the rest, which is of course fused itself.

So all hifi gear powered by the Hydra from socket one, home plug and extension on socket two in case I want to use a laptop or a charger.

We're getting there, just need the Raspberry thingy now
Old 07-02-17, 09:29 AM
pfm Member

Sound like you're on your way Kenny. I also use a Sky Router.No problems with it.its been very reliable with plenty of bandwidth for the job. I think I used thevTV last time and it's a very visual guide but I think I had Ethernet in originally before transferring to wireless. Could be worth trying with home plug.
Old 07-02-17, 09:41 AM
pfm Member

Cheers Del, thanks for that. It's about time I took your 24hr helpline number now I reckon
Old 07-02-17, 09:58 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Cheers Del, thanks for that. It's about time I took your 24hr helpline number now I reckon
Don't be defeatist. Just be calm and methodical and visualise the delight you'll feel when the music starts and you say to yourself,
'How can that be?'
I've loved the computer audio journey and Ive become a bit of a computer nerd along the way. Not as bad as it sounds...Not long now...
Old 07-02-17, 10:10 AM
pfm Member

I just still can't yet fathom how it'll all work. Probably be clearer when the kit arrives tomorrow.

For instance when I find a programme to connect my phone/tablet to the PI would I use Bluetooth or wifi to send it (Tidal) there? ie if I decided to use the PI on Ethernet I could still use wifi for the phone link?

Did you swear when you set yours up? My Mrs is dreading it
Old 07-02-17, 03:33 PM
pfm Member

Quote:
I just still can't yet fathom how it'll all work. Probably be clearer when the kit arrives tomorrow.

For instance when I find a programme to connect my phone/tablet to the PI would I use Bluetooth or wifi to send it (Tidal) there? ie if I decided to use the PI on Ethernet I could still use wifi for the phone link?

Did you swear when you set yours up? My Mrs is dreading it
Not Bluetooth. Just instructs your server to play music etc. I'm running mine with LMS at the moment just to familiarise myself with it.I suggest you send your Mrs to the Spa for the day whilst you work through this set up. And yes, there may be swearing. There is a Picoreplayer 3.10 thread on the Squeeze forum where the developers hang out and help people like us.
Old 07-02-17, 03:51 PM

Try it with a digital output board from IQ audio or Hifiberry, I wasn't really impressed with the DAC boards, but since changing to a digi+ board and feeding it via coax into an external DAC I'm sold. Especially as its now supported by Roon. For the money its laughable how good it is.
Old 07-02-17, 03:58 PM
pfm Member

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...iFiBerry-board