pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > discussion > classic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #526  
Old 13-09-17, 01:08 AM
jtrade jtrade is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 491
Thank-you, gentlemen, will proceed with caution !

Btw, whilst posting I noticed a pm from another member who has recently had a "badly packaged & not as described" experience when buying a JVC CD player via Marktplaats, shipped internationally (to UK, I presume). I'll share the essential part of my reply, as The Netherlands can be a good source of "golden era" JVC audio equpiment :

Quote:
Marktplaats - and the Dutch - can sometimes be a problem and "optimistic" with their descriptions (I have found the Germans much more reliable) ... Marktplaats has the "Zo goed als nieuw" description option which is often used for items that I would describe as "Good, used", but no better. Since having an "insufficient packing" experience like yours, I ALWAYS ask for great care to be taken in packaging and must say that since then, everything has been packed well.

Marktplaats is now owned by Ebay, but without all the Ebay seller ratings, many sellers don't give a sh*t, as appears to be the case with your purchase, so without PayPal, you are in a very difficult position.

I would suggest writing to Marktplaats, copying your complaint to Ebay in The Netherlands (which exists, but is not yet widely used) & be persistent.
Quote:
... - use the contact/complaint form linked to this page https://help.marktplaats.nl/help/Sug...hten-doorgeven and use Google Translate to understand (remarkably good these days, if far from perfect).

Write to Marktplaats in English (they will probably reply in English, unless they think it needs to be a formal, legal reply, in which case it might be in Dutch).
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 13-09-17, 04:27 AM
Taff63 Taff63 is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 940
Correcting the bias did make a noticeable improvement with my amp which was NOS (it was still set incorrectly).
__________________
Can we have everything louder than everything else?
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 13-09-17, 04:28 AM
grazie grazie is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,204
i JT, hope all is good...and as you've got a new audio box you're pleased with, why shouldn't it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrade View Post
...
I did receive the full service manual with the amp & have left it with Arthur in case needed.
Any chance you could borrow that service manual back from Arthur and make it available? It is available online already, but it's difficult to read in many places, so a fully legible copy would be much appreciated if you get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrade View Post
...

Btw, whilst posting I noticed a pm from another member who has recently had a "badly packaged & not as described" experience when buying a JVC CD player via Marktplaats, shipped internationally (to UK, I presume).

...
I suppose all good things come to an end. I'm sure the majority of Marktplaats sellers are still fine, but when money becomes the focus, things tend to deteriorate. My only experience of Marktplaats was trying to discuss purchasing an amp from a Dutchman that had pretty poor English. I'm sure a few must exist, but perhaps it's xenophobic of me to even think this?

Last edited by grazie; 13-09-17 at 11:30 AM. Reason: dyslexia
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 13-09-17, 05:50 AM
anuenlil anuenlil is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by grazie View Post
Hi JT, hope is good...and as you've got a new audio box you're pleased with, why shouldn't it be?


Any chance you could borrow that service manual back from Arthur and make it available? It is available online already, but it's difficult to read in many places, so a fully legible copy would be much appreciated if you get a chance.



I suppose all good things come to an end. I'm sure the majority of Marktplaats sellers are still fine, but when money becomes the focus, things tend to deteriorate. My only experience of Marktplaats was trying to discuss purchasing an amp from a Dutchman that had pretty poor English. I'm sure a few must exist, but perhaps it's xenophobic of me to even think this?
Not if you feel the same about all nationalities, including your own ��
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 13-09-17, 09:05 AM
Hempknight Hempknight is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 311
I brought my m-3030 from marktplaats, easily negotiated on the price and delivery, arrived well packaged and unharmed. No excuse for poor communication with Google translate, and always worth paying with PayPal ��
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 13-09-17, 09:35 AM
jtrade jtrade is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by grazie View Post
Any chance you could borrow that service manual back from Arthur and make it available? It is available online already, but it's difficult to read in many places, so a fully legible copy would be much appreciated if you get a chance.
Of course, it's now mine so it'll come back with the amp... but it's quite some pages including a large fold-out diagram of the entire wiring circuit AND it's for my Z711, NOT a Z1010TN. I'll scan and upload to HiFiEngine when I get it back (I could also send you a copy, but I just looked and couldn't find your email address, although I'm fairly sure I had it...).

As for the Dutch.. and forgive me, this is going way off topic, but let me put it this way : I live in a beautiful rural location near Amsterdam, one of Mondrian's favourite spots, with great neighbours; I know many delightful Dutch people... BUT, having lived in six different countries (UK, US, India, Spain, Italy & NL), this is the only one that when I finally leave I won't look back for one second, but will release a huge sigh of relief. I'd better say no more... (except, "Yes, Italy, I'm coming back one day ")
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 13-09-17, 10:15 AM
anuenlil anuenlil is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 96
Au contraire, you should say more! Very curious as to your dislikes of the Netherlands. Oh, i'm neither Dutch nor live there BTW, so nothing in it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrade View Post
Of course, it's now mine so it'll come back with the amp... but it's quite some pages including a large fold-out diagram of the entire wiring circuit AND it's for my Z711, NOT a Z1010TN. I'll scan and upload to HiFiEngine when I get it back (I could also send you a copy, but I just looked and couldn't find your email address, although I'm fairly sure I had it...).

As for the Dutch.. and forgive me, this is going way off topic, but let me put it this way : I live in a beautiful rural location near Amsterdam, one of Mondrian's favourite spots, with great neighbours; I know many delightful Dutch people... BUT, having lived in six different countries (UK, US, India, Spain, Italy & NL), this is the only one that when I finally leave I won't look back for one second, but will release a huge sigh of relief. I'd better say no more... (except, "Yes, Italy, I'm coming back one day ")
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 13-09-17, 11:00 AM
jtrade jtrade is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 491
JVC AX-SD1GD amp

I forgot to mention that yesterday Arthur showed me a complete JVC SD1 series he has in for sale at EUR 1,950.00. The amp is very rare and the last one I saw was for sale at GBP 3,500.00 (amp only) & I have never seen the complete set for sale before !

This is the whole set : amp, CD player (with the final iteration of the K2 anti-jitter circuit), cassette deck and tuner, all with a single remote control :

http://hifistereo.nl/online_bestelle...ml#prettyPhoto

It looked in excellent condition, although I prefer the look of my black Z711 versus both the SD1 (it's a kind of light champagne colour like my Luxman) and the titanium Z1010TN.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 13-09-17, 11:08 AM
Julf Julf is offline
Evil brother of Mark V Shaney
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuenlil View Post
Very curious as to your dislikes of the Netherlands. Oh, i'm neither Dutch nor live there BTW, so nothing in it for me
Curious too. I do live in Amsterdam, and we all have our "Bad Dutch" days,
but every place has both good and bad sides.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 13-09-17, 11:23 AM
grazie grazie is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuenlil View Post
Not if you feel the same about all nationalities, including your own ��
'Tis very easy to cause upset on forums, which it's why many folk keep comments to themselves. Apologies for your implied offence.

My comment on the Dutch was a complement, as they often read, write and speak English as second, third, etc., language better than natives. I don't know the Netherlands very well, but if the UK and other countries had cycling facilities and legislation that was half as good as they do, the world be a much safer, happier and healthier place to live. I'll say no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrade View Post
Of course, it's now mine so it'll come back with the amp... but it's quite some pages including a large fold-out diagram of the entire wiring circuit AND it's for my Z711, NOT a Z1010TN. I'll scan and upload to HiFiEngine when I get it back (I could also send you a copy, but I just looked and couldn't find your email address, although I'm fairly sure I had it...)
Sorry, I was wrongly assuming the Z1010TN manual. It would be asking a lot of you, but I'm sure HiFiEngine and their subscribers would appreciate it (if it's not there already) ,if/when you have time. Thanks for the offer, just the same.

Last edited by grazie; 13-09-17 at 12:37 PM. Reason: dyslexia
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 13-09-17, 11:29 AM
flatpopely flatpopely is offline
Prog Rock/Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Curious too. I do live in Amsterdam, and we all have our "Bad Dutch" days,
but every place has both good and bad sides.
I visit Amsterdam every year at ISE, love it.
I also used to have an office in Westerlo, one of my favourite towns ever.
I have had some wild some nights in the 'Contrast' bar, wonder if it's still there.
I used to get the ferry once a month and load up with booze and cheese.
So much so the lovely people there used to give me freebies!
__________________
Prog Rocks / Mod
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 13-09-17, 12:23 PM
Julf Julf is offline
Evil brother of Mark V Shaney
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatpopely View Post
I visit Amsterdam every year at ISE, love it.
I tend to do both ISE and IBC (IBC 2017 starts tomorrow), but as it requires no travel for me, I don't have any excuse.
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 13-09-17, 01:08 PM
jtrade jtrade is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 491
Amsterdam is a wonderful city - lived right in the centre for several years.

I'll save any further comment on the Dutch for an appropriate Off Topic forum thread

Back to JVC.
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 14-09-17, 04:55 AM
Hempknight Hempknight is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrade View Post
I forgot to mention that yesterday Arthur showed me a complete JVC SD1 series he has in for sale at EUR 1,950.00. The amp is very rare and the last one I saw was for sale at GBP 3,500.00 (amp only) & I have never seen the complete set for sale before !

This is the whole set : amp, CD player (with the final iteration of the K2 anti-jitter circuit), cassette deck and tuner, all with a single remote control :

http://hifistereo.nl/online_bestelle...ml#prettyPhoto

It looked in excellent condition, although I prefer the look of my black Z711 versus both the SD1 (it's a kind of light champagne colour like my Luxman) and the titanium Z1010TN.
I've been tempted by the SD-1, JVC's only pure class A amp ? I think the amp alone was 3000 in 1996. I've seen the complete set on ebay for 3500, including the ultra rare standmount speakers. That's a good price he's offering.

Here's the final iteration of the K2 filter, Reimyo used it in their CDP-777 and stand alone DAC DAP-999 the cdp looks like a beast!

Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 14-09-17, 05:06 AM
jtrade jtrade is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 491
And only 17,000 for the CDP-777 in 2004... !

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superio...imyocdp777.htm
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
pink fish media