pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > commerce > classifieds > music classifieds

Notices

Old 04-08-17, 06:43 AM
pfm Member

JAZZ SAMBA ENCORE (Stan Getz etc.)

Long shot. Don't mind the original '63 album or the U.K. '71 re-pressing or maybe another but vinyl must be in exc. condition.
Old 08-08-17, 12:20 AM

I have the Stan Getz/Charlie Byrd Jazz Samba on Jazz Images, 180gram vinyl, still sealed and unplayed.
Old 08-08-17, 04:53 AM
pfm Member

Thanks for that, but it is the Encore I want.
Old 08-08-17, 07:17 AM

No probs, hope you find it.
Old 13-09-17, 03:22 PM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
Long shot. Don't mind the original '63 album or the U.K. '71 re-pressing or maybe another but vinyl must be in exc. condition.
[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/Y6h1kE]

For reasons unknown, mine has a hole punched in it !! Doubt this is any good to you and it is a nice album.
Old 14-09-17, 12:06 AM
pfm Member

P.m. sent
Old 14-09-17, 12:43 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sls4321 View Post
[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/Y6h1kE]

For reasons unknown, mine has a hole punched in it !! Doubt this is any good to you and it is a nice album.
The hole indicates the record is a 'cut-out', an over stocked record returned to the record company by the retailer. It can be a hole, or notch in the sleeve or a cut off corner. These 'cut-outs' were often resold quite often from the US to Europe as imports.

Quite often they are promotional or first pressings of excellent quality, so unless you must have a pristine sleeve they are a very good buy. I have quite a few, mainly Jazz issues.

Don't have this though only the first Jazz Samba LP.
Old 14-09-17, 02:42 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poco a poco View Post
The hole indicates the record is a 'cut-out', an over stocked record returned to the record company by the retailer. It can be a hole, or notch in the sleeve or a cut off corner. These 'cut-outs' were often resold quite often from the US to Europe as imports.

Quite often they are promotional or first pressings of excellent quality, so unless you must have a pristine sleeve they are a very good buy. I have quite a few, mainly Jazz issues.

Don't have this though only the first Jazz Samba LP.
I am interested in this as I was googling to find out why the hole and "X" imprint was there. The shop I got it from, where I've been going for years, most of the time only sells UK items, not imports. A sort of gentleman's agreement with another shop, who sells US imports. So it was unusual to get something with a US label on it and it did have a price tag from a UK shop when I bought it.

The sleeve is otherwise in really good condition. The disc has a few marks. I have not listened to it for a while, so I will clean it and see if there are any pops and clicks.

"so unless you must have a pristine sleeve they are a very good buy." What do you mean by this.

p.s. I am not a collector and the shop I go to is not a collector's shop, although he does have rarities from time to time. I by records to listen to, not to trade, and I like this one.

As it was 1963 I assumed it was stereo, but now find it is a mono version, so will have to listen afresh with my mono cartridge.
Old 14-09-17, 03:26 AM
pfm Member

Pristine Sleeve: By this I meant that for some 'collectors' the condition of the sleeve is just as important or even more important than the record condition. S/H Prices are usually reflected in this. Like you I am Not a 'collector' in that sense so sleeve condition as long as reasonable is not a priority for me if a record is one I want and the pressing is in good condition.

Last edited by poco a poco; 14-09-17 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 14-09-17, 05:32 AM
hermit

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?cu...b&format=Vinyl