pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > discussion > audio

Notices

Old 21-03-17, 09:31 AM
pfm Member

yes Father Christmas and his laugh - It used to freak me out but I must have got used to it. The podcast has a live element with irc and I suppose he has to keep them happy also. As mentioned they did a companion piece some time ago. I am glad some here have found the podcast interesting. Twit TV has a number of interesting podcasts ( why oh why call it Twit TV. maybe I dont get it but "Twit" in the UK is an insult? )
Old Yesterday, 02:59 AM
pfm Member

I just watched the podcast and what seemed like a useful idea was measuring near-field as well as listening position to see how the direct sound compares/ contrasts with the room sound.

And I know what he means when he says some cinemas are simply too loud when playing adverts, trailers and films. The modified X curve seems like the way to go to tame the overall sound.
Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalia View Post
Twit TV has a number of interesting podcasts ( why oh why call it Twit TV. maybe I dont get it but "Twit" in the UK is an insult? )
Sad geeky but true answer: the network of podcasts was started by Leo Laporte on the back of his "This Week in Tech" radio show / podcast.