pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > discussion > off topic

Notices

Old 19-06-17, 02:04 PM
Trade: Tiger Paw

If you don't like the idea of repair bills then look at something like Kia, they come with 7 year/100k warranties. Alternatively Toyota still make very reliable cars. European cars might be more interesting to drive but if a car is just a appliance to you then that's what I'd be looking at.
Old 19-06-17, 02:14 PM
pfm Member

Repair bills are expected but on this occasion the cost of a 2 piece exhaust for a humble Passat to me was extortionate at nearly 1000 fitted. I have checked other mainstream vehicles & they come in at up to 300 mostly, I'd happily pay that.

Warranty is now a deciding factor to a degree but reliability plays its part as well, also a good dealer network that you can feel happy to deal with is a good bonus.

VW dealers in my opinion are somewhat lacking, the customer services is woeful.

If I thought that a car was just an appliance to get from A to B then I'd buy a moped instead in all honesty.

I enjoy driving mostly so want something with a bit of driver appeal & involvement, that is why I really want the Mazda 6 to be likeable when I test drive it & if it gets the grin factor I think it might be the one.

What Toyota vehicles can you suggest ?
Old 19-06-17, 02:49 PM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVV View Post
Who is this Clarkson?
He is otherwise known as the great prophet Jeremiah. He begat bad styling of men's attire and insulting of many tribes outside of his ancestral land.

And he did say unto a kindly Irish producer;

Quote:
And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but not prepare a feast when I command then I will walk contrary unto you in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins. And ye shall feel the taste of my bare knuckle and the wrath of my heavenly father who will take vengeance on your eternal soul. So now eff off and get me some grub Paddy if you know what's good for you.
Old 19-06-17, 03:35 PM
Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8 View Post

I enjoy driving mostly so want something with a bit of driver appeal & involvement,

What Toyota vehicles can you suggest ?
For the most part (GT86 excepted) these two statements are incompatible. Toyotas are not designed for driver appeal & involvement. They do the reliable A to B thing better than most and will be very reliable. They work best if you wear beige elasticated waist trousers

I read the early posts so have not read all the in-between stuff but the Mondeo original suggestion and the Mazda 6 are fine choices. I had an early Mondeo and have always had a soft spot for Ford. My brother has enjoyed a Mazda 6 for a few years and put galactic mileages onto his cars.

Gareth
Old 19-06-17, 04:30 PM
Lord of the Erg\o/s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting42 View Post
For the most part (GT86 excepted) these two statements are incompatible.
Toyota can thank Subaru for the driver appeal of the GT86. It's the only Toyota I'd seriously consider buying before I must wear elasticised beige pants.
Old 20-06-17, 09:54 AM

bought a ford kuga petrol 4x4 last oct.auto everything call it my comfortwagon.drive in sport mode not bad.