pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > discussion > audio

Notices

Old Today, 01:39 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgbell View Post
Classical music metadata is far more complex than for pop/rock/jazz etc, for a number of reasons that I won't bore people with. There is really only one way to deal with classical music metadata, and that's to edit it yourself according to your own (hopefully rational) system.
Or do as I do and ignore metadata altogether and simply browse by directory/folder. The Volumio app allows this, I think.
Old Today, 02:09 AM
Not the canine kind

Sometimes you need to know who wrote the sleeve notes, and took the photograph on the album sleeve.

Though personally I am more interested in listening to the music.
Old Today, 05:51 AM
Lost in the 70's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
Others have ported SBT to the RPi so it should be relatively simple to add to the CM3 (RPi3) based MDAC2 streamer.

The User controls of the MDAC2+ (MDAC2 with upgraded front panel) are on a separate touch panel and interfaced directly to the MDAC2 MCU so will operate independent of what software is installed on the CM3 - however we rely on the UI on the display panel to indicate volume level and input source etc. so there will need to be a simply UI addition to any SBT software port to indicate the MDAC2+ "front panel interface".
John is it going to be possible to load something like iTunes onto the CM3 and use off board storage to run without a PC.
Old Today, 06:27 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWM View Post
John is it going to be possible to load something like iTunes onto the CM3 and use off board storage to run without a PC.
It seem to be possible to run a itunes server on a RPI https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...ic.php?t=49928

But this does not mean it is a good idea and you would most likely have to install it yourself if that is possible.

Why not use Volumio to manage your music if you don't want to use a PC as your server?
Old Today, 11:40 AM
Lost in the 70's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune View Post
It seem to be possible to run a itunes server on a RPI https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...ic.php?t=49928

But this does not mean it is a good idea and you would most likely have to install it yourself if that is possible.

Why not use Volumio to manage your music if you don't want to use a PC as your server?
Well I have a pile of music all ready in iTunes format how can I use voluminous to access it.