pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > discussion > off topic

Notices

Old 02-03-12, 11:05 AM
pfm Member

Why is pfm time always 8 hours behind UK?

... or is that a dumb question ?
Old 02-03-12, 11:08 AM
pfm Member

Mine isn`t.
Old 02-03-12, 11:09 AM
pfm Member

Really? Anyone know how to fix mine then ?
Sorry if I'm being a bit stupid
Old 02-03-12, 11:11 AM
pfm Member

The time is off if you're not logged in. I assume it then shows the server time (which is U.S. based I think).
If it's still wrong when you are logged in, check the Time Zone settings in your Control Panel/Edit Options section.
Old 02-03-12, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dik Dolan View Post
The time is off if you're not logged in. I assume it then shows the server time (which is U.S. based I think).
If it's still wrong when you are logged in, check the Time Zone settings in your Control Panel/Edit Options section.
^That.
Old 02-03-12, 11:16 AM
pfm Member

It's always wrong whether I'm logged in or not. Nothing wrong with my PC time, and it's the same whichever PC I'm using. I've just tested this by starting a remote desktop to a windows7 machine (this one is XP) and logging in to pfm. Exactly the same bad time. It does it from my work PC too. You chaps are not winding me up are you ? :-)
Old 02-03-12, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Just change it in your UserCP (on the green menu bar beneath the site logo) - you can select your time-zone / daylight saving etc there.
Old 02-03-12, 11:20 AM
pfm Member

I use two different work computers as well as my home one. All show correct time, it sounds like something didn`t get set when you first set up your account.
Old 02-03-12, 11:26 AM
pfm Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony L View Post
Just change it in your UserCP (on the green menu bar beneath the site logo) - you can select your time-zone / daylight saving etc there.
Cheers Tony, that's fixed it - I wasn't aware of that setting.
You don't know how long that's been annoying me but I've been too embarassed to ask
Old 02-03-12, 11:27 AM
pfm Member

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/p...do=editoptions and scroll down to "Date & Time Options". You can then select "(GMT) Western Europe Time, London, Lisbon..." Or whichever is suitable. Don't forget to click on "Save Changes" at the bottom afterwards=)

Oops, too late. Glad you fixed it=)

Last edited by Dik Dolan; 02-03-12 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Too slow.
Old 03-03-12, 04:48 AM
pfm Member

Some members seem to have Date & Time options set to Victorian times.
Old 03-03-12, 04:59 AM
The sound of one hoof clopping

All the answers are wrong... I have a few more plausible reasons:

1. its because you are using a very slow internet connection the "world clock" timing is often messed up due to small discrepancies in the interface you are using and you need to reclock locally, which basically means sit an alarm clock next to the computer you are using and you can see the time.

2. As this is digitally delivered time, sometimes bends in the cable means the 1's gets stuck in sharp twists and bends leaving the 0s to back up. Cable dressing and cable lifters will help here.

3. Poor quality wire: Don't underestimate the effect of good networking cable consider upgrading your network cables to something a little more Kwality: A $500 network cable from Denon. Other benefits are when using this some posts that were gibberish start making more sense and the PFM turquoise suddenly turns to proper pink when you do this. A better effect than buying properly mastered CDs IMV.

4. If you are truly serious about time then of course you ignore pfm time and buy a Rolex.
Old 03-03-12, 05:18 AM
pfm Member

You can`t just expect to measure time with instruments - you have to feel it and use the time that suits you...
Old 03-03-12, 05:20 AM
The sound of one hoof clopping

ah yes the delicate emotional interplay between 12:00 and 12:01. And the difference between 12:00 and 0:00 is night and day. Stunning.
Old 03-03-12, 05:21 AM
Retired and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox View Post
ah yes the delicate emotional interplay between 12:00 and 12:01. And the difference between 12:00 and 0:00 is night and day. Stunning.
fox

I never thought I would say this but I think you should spend more time defiling ponies.

Regards

Mick