pink fish media

Go Back   pink fish media > discussion > audio

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-02-08, 08:19 AM
vln vln is offline
Hail the sulking behemoths!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,530
Rega rumours - Anything to share?

Hi all,


1. On the rega saturn thread someone mentioned an upcoming CDP costing around 3 - 4000UKP. Personally I dont think it is a wise idea to work on high end CDP in this day and age of server-based music, but is there any more news on that?

2. In a review of some rega gear in a german mag at the beginning of 2007, they said that rega were working on a higher end integrated, which was supposed to come out later in 2007. Obviously this didnt happen, but Im sure it will come out this year. Does any one else have some information?

3. For some time now, rega has been working on a 'super fono', their high end phono stage. Any more news on that?

Does any one else have any rumours or information (preferably the latter...) on upcoming rega products or product revisions?



Samuel.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-08, 08:34 AM
hifi_dave hifi_dave is offline
Hi-Fi Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by vln View Post
Hi all,


1. On the rega saturn thread someone mentioned an upcoming CDP costing around 3 - 4000UKP. Personally I dont think it is a wise idea to work on high end CDP in this day and age of server-based music, but is there any more news on that?

2. In a review of some rega gear in a german mag at the beginning of 2007, they said that rega were working on a higher end integrated, which was supposed to come out later in 2007. Obviously this didnt happen, but Im sure it will come out this year. Does any one else have some information?

3. For some time now, rega has been working on a 'super fono', their high end phono stage. Any more news on that?

Does any one else have any rumours or information (preferably the latter...) on upcoming rega products or product revisions?



Samuel.
New product to be announced later this week.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-08, 08:44 AM
Gromit Gromit is offline
Buffet-blower
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
New product to be announced later this week.
I'd like a P8 - something around the 2k mark.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-08, 08:46 AM
hifi_dave hifi_dave is offline
Hi-Fi Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
I'd like a P8 - something around the 2k mark.
What about a P10 at 4K ?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-08, 08:52 AM
Alex S Alex S is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 6,041
They are about to release the Uranus mains lead, I believe.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-08, 08:52 AM
Folkman Folkman is online now
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
New product to be announced later this week.

Tease !
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-08, 08:53 AM
Folkman Folkman is online now
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex S View Post
They are about to release the Uranus mains lead, I believe.
Better not ask where you plug it in.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-02-08, 08:59 AM
JonR JonR is offline
Brainwashed Bloke
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
I'd like a P8 - something around the 2k mark.
Off-topic I know (sorry!) but gromit, weren't you interested in demming a VPI a while back?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-02-08, 09:01 AM
SimonB SimonB is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkman View Post
Better not ask where you plug it in.
That'ill be for the clearer highs.....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-02-08, 09:07 AM
Gromit Gromit is offline
Buffet-blower
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonR View Post
Off-topic I know (sorry!) but gromit, weren't you interested in demming a VPI a while back?
I was indeed - I'm toying with the idea of a new TT around the 2k mark. Getting a nice 2ndhand Planar 3 for my dad recently, setting it up, and having it playing in my system got me thinking. Ok the Rega's not as detailed, airy or gutsy as the NAS but it did get the old juices flowing in a 'isn't this fun' sort of fashion. It just got me wanting to play loads of records again. Therefore I have, at the back of my mind, a TT change.

A P8 would be Just Right.

Dave - I can only dream of a P9 so the 10 would be...er...a tad out of reach (more's the pity).
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-02-08, 09:08 AM
Herr Mustermann Herr Mustermann is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 625
Hi Gromit

What happened to your Puresound A30?

Peter
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-02-08, 09:15 AM
dudywoxer dudywoxer is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,052
I would like a P??, as in the P9 without that ceramic platter, acrylic would do, would that be an 8. I understand that platter is the single most expensive bit on the 7 and 9.
__________________
Rega and spens, till I hear something I prefer.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-02-08, 09:45 AM
JezmondTutu JezmondTutu is offline
pfm Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,852
I doubt Rega would ever release a cd player costing 4,000 - goes slightly against their ethos.

I'll happily audition an 2,000 cd player if they want to make one, though!!
__________________
Event Opals, Weiss Dac202, LP12, Brinkmann Fein
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-02-08, 09:46 AM
Gromit Gromit is offline
Buffet-blower
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Mustermann View Post
Hi Gromit

What happened to your Puresound A30?

Peter
Peter - it's still here, I'm just having a sabbatical.

And saving on electricity bills.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-02-08, 10:01 AM
topa topa is offline
Sans CDPs
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,725
Gromit,
there's a small dealer in my region (south Germany) selling his demo P9. 2,8k EUR.

I was tempted first, but decided I'm not ready to spend that much money on a TT yet.
__________________
Daphile / PL-71 / Exposure 23+28 / Epos ES 11
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
pink fish media