1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

£10 off £50 at Amazon with code - BIGTHANKS

Discussion in 'music' started by windhoek, Jan 22, 2016.

1. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

Amazon are offering £10 off a £50 spend for one day only and the code is: BIGTHANKS

The only caveat is: Amazon/Amazon Warehouse must be the seller - Marketplace orders fulfilled by Amazon don't qualify.

I just ordered a bunch of stuff including an LP and had to add an £0.84 cork sanding block to nudge my order over £50 lol

Go fill yer boots... :)

2. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Done!

Pete

3. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Done. Have most of these already but for ripping to the NAS drive it will be convenient.

Aladdin Sane
    Diamond Dogs
    The Man Who Sold The World
    Heroes
    Lodger
    Young Americans
    The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars
    Hunky Dory
    Space Oddity
    Scary Monsters
    Station To Station

All remastered.

£44.89

4. jimification

jimification pfm Member

Stick it on the classifieds, mate, I'll take it, we're doing a lot of sanding atm. :D

5. jimification

jimification pfm Member

....bought the 2015 remastered LP's of Rush's: Signals, Caress of Steel and Hemispheres for just over £40 thanks to you - Cheers!

6. lsinclair

lsinclair file under 'curmudgeonly'

I've gone for the Miles Davis at the Fillmore Bootleg Series box and the Feynman Lectures on Physics volume 1. A wealthy friend had the box of the Feynman books in hardback when I was at college 40 years ago, now seems like a good time to start exorcising the envy!

7. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

haha £0.84 sure, but with Royal Mail postage, could be £5 delivered lol

8. BLACKMASS

BLACKMASS pfm Member

Thanks for the heads up.

Ordered The Velvet Underground 'The Complete Matrix tapes' boxset. Pre-ordered the new PJ Harvey album and the new The Last Shadow Puppets album.

This year is shaping up nicely. New music from The Coral, Radiohead and the Iggy Pop/Josh Homme album sounds cool too.

9. jimification

jimification pfm Member

Great choice! I had no knowledge of Feynman at all until recently happening upon him on youtube (referenced by Laurence Krauss, I think) what a fantastic guy!...but there are some big Feynman fans where I work. One of them kindly explained to me about the "Feynman effect" which made me laugh :)

10. peelaaa

peelaaa pfm Member

Cheers, just bought The Hateful Eight soundtrack on vinyl by Ennio Morricone as well as other none music stuff to make up the £50

11. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

I went with a bunch of new releases from ECM (Craig Taborn, Michel Benita, Jon Balke, Michael Formanek - a great start to the new year).

12. Bartman

Bartman pfm Member

Thank you for this - some Norah Jones and Porcupine Tree on their way.

13. robert_cyrus

robert_cyrus ID should now be "robert_naim"

Many thanks. Didnt buy music, took £10 off a 2TB usb hard drive for music rips backup as I've just about filled my 500gb one.

14. wylton

wylton pfm Member

Amongst other things, I ordered the David Bowie Box Set, though it's temporarily out of stock at the moment.

15. John_73

John_73 pfm Member

Thanks for the heads up :) Went and pre-ordered the Bowie at the Beeb vinyl box set. Fingers crossed if the price drops at all before now and release date that is reflected, in addition to the -£10 offer.