1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

35mm Film Malarky for an out of touch gentleman!

Discussion in 'photo' started by Mr Perceptive, Oct 27, 2017.

1. topoxforddoc

topoxforddoc pfm Member

This has just prompted me to mix up another 5L of XTOl and develop some more film :)

2. winchman

winchman pfm Member

Passed my City & Guilds with a pair of OM10's can't fault them, bite my Daughter and I still use them as they are excellent value with plenty of bits about

3. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

That’s what I used to do, but it’s worth mentioning that the film should be taken out of the fridge/freezer a fair while before being used - otherwise there can be condensation on the colder than room temperature film when the film cartridge is removed from its canister.

4. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

That's what I was trying to say - but they don't go on forever. I have one too ;)

5. topoxforddoc

topoxforddoc pfm Member

Perfect prod to process film. 5 rolls of 35 mm and 1 roll of 120 all done :)

6. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

This thread's making me think about dusting my OM-1 off!

7. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

I was checking out OM1s on Ebay yesterday!

Pete

8. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

They don't seem to be going for much! That was a super camera in its day. 100% manual, of course.

9. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

The OM1 and the OM1n is a brilliant camera.

10. Pete MB&D

I used to have an OM1 and a OM2n.

Pete

11. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

ah I still use film too and get it from max spielman

12. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

I've got an OM-1n with 35/2.8, 50/1.8 and 135/3.5 which was given to me a few years back. I've not used it much to be honest, as I tend to pick up my pentax MX if I want a 35mm SLR to take out. I think they are both very good systems, so i'm just lucky to have a good example of both!

13. Pete MB&D

If you ever fancy moving the OM1 on let me know.

Pete

14. rontoolsie

rontoolsie pfm Member

About 15 years ago or so, I tried about every combination of film/developer I could get my fingers on. The Acros was to me one of the least appealing...it had no character. Sort of like a color film desaturated to B/W.
    I did upload a comparison of the results of different films/developers which amazingly is still available online here

https://www.photo.net/gallery/118273#//Sort-Newest/All-Categories/All-Time/Page-1

If this embedded link works that is. Hover over the picture to get the details of which film/developer and then click on it for full size renditions.

15. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

Nice photography, Ron. Hell of an archive you've got there!

16. k90tour

k90tour pfm Member

I bought an OM2 a couple of weeks ago, to go with the excellent 50mm 1.8 that I had lying about. Beautiful camera, huge viewfinder.

17. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

Film arrived yesterday, many thanks Cesare

Got a day off today, so will have a play.

The OM-10 has jammed though, seems like its a common fault (reading up on the internet), but yesterday another 35mm film camera landed. I thought that I would relive my youth, and re-purchase an example of my first SLR - A Fujica STX-1N, managed to negotiate a deal, on a never used example!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paid the same price for it, as I did from Comet when I bought a new one all those years ago!!! - if I get on with it I can see some lens GAS happening (specifically the 19mm, 28mm and 35mm!!!)

18. fixedwheel

fixedwheel Twiddlin'

The Fujica looks gorgeous, I'm dead jealous! :)

19. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Very nice indeed! Shame about the Oly though.

Let's have a 'show us you film gear thread' - any takers?

20. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

Lovely looking Fuji, shame about the OM-10 - is it fixable?