1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Discussion in 'music' started by windhoek, Sep 20, 2016.

1. blackholesun

blackholesun peace among worlds

[​IMG]

It seems that on 25 November 2016 we will finally see the release of audio recording of Kate Bush Before The Dawn gig.
    The info on the release has been leaking via various retailers from the beginning of this week, including HMV, yesterday the LP and CD versions popped up on Amazon Italy.
    Digital versions show up as pre-orders on Amazon US and iTunes.

It is a shame there is no blu-ray or dvd, since the show was so spectacular and visuals were so tightly connected to the music. I just hope we will see the video recording one day.

2. Cookstown

Cookstown pfm Member

3. binsey

binsey pfm Member

I have just ordered them. The price for the originals.....

4. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Just to say that my copy arrived this morning, beautiful package but vinyl was so warped that the cartridge underside (Ortofon 2m Blue) is rubbing against the run-in groove....Back it's got to go :(.

5. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

Update: animals now available for pre order on the river.

6. Ian Sampson

Ian Sampson pfm Member

£137.85!!!! Much that I love Santana, no thanks.

7. hockman

hockman pfm Member

8. Nero

Nero It's unlikely

This might be interesting if they make a good fist of Wind and Wuthering. Haven't heard anything about this project elsewhere but they made a nice job of Welcome to the Pleasuredome IMO

Cheers

9. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

I have my copy of Abraxas ordered at £110, still a lot more than I'd normally pay, but I did have permission, for an early Christmas present.
    Just hoping that it sounds as good as the hype.

10. The Chap

The Chap pfm Member

11. echann

echann pfm Member

Very interested in the Intervention releases of Joe Jackson's library. Supposedly very high quality mastering and pressing. A bit steep in price though. Has anyone bought these and can comment on whether they're worth the dough?

12. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

13. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

In case anyone was put off by the original pre-order price of £24.28 for the Massive Attack vinyl reissue of Protection, it's now £18.00 delivered here at Amazon.

[​IMG]

14. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

15. MusicMiles

MusicMiles Member

All are cut very hot, Look Sharp being the hottest to the point of sibilance breaking through. Not sure if its the recording or my system. Other than that I would give the mastering high marks. Very dramatic presentation overall. Would like to see them release more of his catalog.

16. kristoffer

kristoffer Danish Hi Fi NERD

I am listening in. =)

17. koi

koi pfm Member

Yes just received it and listening to the vinyl a no brainer for a fiver.

18. RBrinsdon

RBrinsdon pfm Member

19. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Dead Can Dance are about to reissue the live album 'Toward The Within' on vinyl. Most of their other albums have already been reissued at least once but this particular one never has been and is, in my view, probably their best.

20. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

This and 'Into The Labyrinth' are two of my faves. I followed them from their initial released waaaay back though always thought it was Gerrard that carried the music. I rarely listen to them now after a bit of an online spat with Brendan a few years back left a sour taste. When they were good they were stellar though.