1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Discussion in 'music' started by windhoek, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

2. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

3. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

4. Phil_AVI

Phil_AVI Member

It was an original LP in 1994 I seem to remember

I would find out if this is simply another remaster from a CD source before parting with my money.

5. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

This is now available as I received my copy today (I've not had a chance to listen to it yet or compare it to the original).

6. MVV

MVV pfm Member

Anyone know if that early Floyd box is going to be released as an all vinyl set? Even heavily edited it will still be well north of £500 I guess.

7. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Not my cup of tea but may be of interest to some on here.

"Elton John has produced a new vinyl box set, limited to 800 copies, produced in association with the British brand, Burberry. You’ll only be able to purchase this box set in Burberry Stores during November.
    The box includes six albums: Elton John, Madman Across The Water, 17-11-70, Captain Fantastic And the Brown Dirt Cowboy, Too Low For Zero and Songs From The West Coast – presented in a unique numbered gold glittered box, embossed with Elton’s signature in gold lettering.
    As you might imagine, a luxury brand has a luxury price and these come with a premium price tag og of £225… nice but expensive!"

http://blog.eil.com/2016/11/15/elto...273950253&mc_cid=c364fa7279&mc_eid=0c1c52dd50

8. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

PF Animals is on its way...

9. stackowax

stackowax pfm Member

10. Big Tabs

Big Tabs frequently wrong.

Trainspotting double L.P. (orange vinyl - unavailable on Amazon) in Sainsburys - sound quality is excellent - £20 - amazingly no warp on either disc as well !

11. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member

Didn't realise it would be quite so popular. I pre-ordered and didn't get a copy as the shop I ordered from only got 1 in 5 of their order.

Anyone got a spare one?

Iain

12. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

13. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member

14. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Luke Haines has just released 'Smash the System' which is, I think, his best album in some time.

15. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Apparently I was last on the pre-order list of my dealer for Abraxas, so quite lucky. I spent two hours cogitating, but as I bought it to hear it, on it went. I've listened to it in case of potential faults, but none found, and am now wishing I'd got a better system.
    Wish I hadn't seen those prices, though.

16. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member

Good news, prices have halved on Discogs already. At this rate they'll be giving it away next week (and I might get one).

17. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

18. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

19. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

20. Hifinity

Hifinity Member