1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Discussion in 'music' started by windhoek, Sep 20, 2016.

1. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

2. carruthersesq

carruthersesq pfm Member

£49.99 on Scott Nangle.

3. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Scott Nangle also has the Bernie Grundman remaster of LOG, pressed at Pallas, for £29.99 + £4.50 tracked P&P, and my copy arrived a couple of days after ordering. I also have the MoFi Abraxas 45rpm issue, and it doesn't sound £100 better than the LOG.

4. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member

Still looking for a Santana Abraxas MFSL 2 x 45 pressing (one step recording) if anyone knows where there is one (that isn't £300 or more).

5. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

For the vinyl purist, a poster one of my digital consultant colleagues found in that Manchester...

(tickled me, anyway)

[​IMG]
    IMG 0192 par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

6. flapland

flapland pfm Member

7. torstoi

torstoi pfm Member

Blackflower / Artifacts 12.01.2017:

http://www.blackflower.be/#!/music

You mouse over the album covers & hear complete songs to check out.

The last GHOST RADIO was a bomb,
    the ABISSINIA AFTERLIFE before very good.
    Their vinyl is phantastic, I recommend it over CD in this case,
    don't know the 2012 one & not yet checked out the new one as has not yet arrived.

8. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

Thanks for this....seems right up my street at the mo!

9. torstoi

torstoi pfm Member

Glad you like it.. :)

10. mickyricky

mickyricky pfm Member

11. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

12. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

13. mondie

mondie pfm Member

14. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

15. norliss

norliss pfm Member

Kraftwerk set is interesting. I wonder about the provenance of the materials/mastering...?

16. killie99

killie99 pfm Member

Since it's released by KlingKlang I would be astonished if it wasn't being released with the full backing of R & F and their fingers were very much the ones in control.

17. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

The nine-LP deluxe vinyl box set has the eight albums (The Mix being a double) as performed across the world and mixed by Kraftwerk, who say the sound quality is “peerless”. An eight-CD box set mirrors the vinyl package, but is considerably cheaper.

18. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

I have much Kraftwerk. I will buy more Kraftwerk when Kraftwerk does new stuff. Like they did last in 2003. There is only so much old Kraftwerk you can listen to enhanced, live, remastered, louder, quieter, standing on your head...

(Unless they release 1, 2 or Ralf and Florian)

PS I love Kraftwerk

19. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The Kraftwerk is available in a myriad different formats (here) and is the live versions of the full classic albums from the 3D tour. Not sure if I'm up for it or not yet, I've got a full set of UK original vinyl, Der Katalog on CD and Minimum Maximum on both vinyl and DVD so I'm not convinced by how much this will add! The thing I'm missing in any format aside from shonky MP3 'backed up' off the internet is Organisation Tone Float, but I very much doubt R&F will ever sell me a legit copy of that! One item I've annoyingly lost ver the years is the luminous 12" of Neon Lights, that was fun as it really did glow in the dark!

20. dan m

dan m pfm Member