1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Discussion in 'music' started by windhoek, Sep 20, 2016.

1. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

2. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Anyone else know about potential MoFi OneStep issue of Simon and Garfunkel, Bridge Over Troubled Water? Currently available at £109, but release date not known, in the next 3 - 12 months.
    Ahh, it's been in the offing for some time apparently, according to Steve Hoffman forum. Classic Records did a 45rpm issue, but its $212 on Discogs, so MoFi version seems a bargain, relatively speaking.

False alarm, say MoFi, but watch this space.

3. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

4. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Arrived today and it's great, best Hare Krishna album ever. Also sounds wonderful.

BUT I think there are a couple of pressing flaws. If anyone else gets it (and why wouldn't you?) please let me know if you get nasty sounds on the final track and on side 2 track 1.

5. wylton

wylton pfm Member

6. guey

guey pfm Member

A doublepack 12" of remixes of Yello's Frautonium is due out mid June.
    Four remixes by Andrew Weatherall, and an ambient rework by Ian Tregoning.
    Limited to a 1000 copies, and seemingly only available from independent online retailers (I've preordered from Phonica; Juno will also be getting it in).

It won't be coming out digitally apparently, which is why I've crumbled and bought the vinyl.

7. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper Member

8. Noel Gallagher's new album.
    He just gets better with age.:cool:

9. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper Member

Is there no love here for the most influential and best album ever made, lets face it guys without this. rock, pop etc as we know it would not exist.:cool:

10. I think you will find there is big love for the Beatles and Sgt Pepper everywhere on planet.
    Im a bit of a completest when it comes to the Beatles so have ordered the 50th.
    Im looking forward to the studio tracks Giles Martin has given the Naked treatment after hearing some on the radio last week. :cool:

11. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

Nope....I don't mind if I am out somewhere and hear it or parts thereof.....I'd never play it at home though and doubt I'd be able to stomach the whole thing in one sitting.

12. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Love it, got mine on order.

13. Such venom :rolleyes:
    Is that for all Beatles albums or just Sgt Peppers ?

14. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

LOL hardly venom....I don't mind hearing beatles tunes at all and recognise their input to the world of music. They are and have always been a world outside my own listening sphere....some cracking pop tunes but I'd not go out of my way to play them!

I kind of mentally file them in the same dark box as Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Van Mogadon ;)

15. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Very wise, very wise, precisely my sentiments :)

They should have company from The Stones and a few others too.

16. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

fall 2017

http://www.mofi.com/product_p/mfsl45ud1s-003.htm

17. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Thanks, daytona600, and although that link's for Donald Fagen, it prompted me to sign up for the MoFi newsletter, so I should see the announcement of S&G issue.

18. kevinrt

kevinrt pfm Member

Gillian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest
    Vinyl available to pre-order

19. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

20. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present