1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Discussion in 'music' started by windhoek, Sep 20, 2016.

1. wacko

wacko pfm Member

2. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

It turns out Finlay Quaye's Maverick A Strike was reissued in May and although it's a bit late for this 'forthcoming vinyl heads up' thread, well, better late than never. Click here to buy @ Amazon. Fwiw, I ordered from Chalkys. Oh, and the vinyl is orange like the orangest orange you've ever seen!

[​IMG]

3. Music on vinyl did reissue this LP back in 2014 on green vinyl.
    The SQ and pressing was excellent.

4. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

This one is MOV as well, although this time it looks like they've gone for a fiery orange.

5. Yeah i know.
    Its says black vinyl on amazon.
    For those that don't already have it ? The original CD is only 1p to buy now.

6. starbuck

starbuck pfm Member

7. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

What the f**k has happened to the mo fi 45rpm release of love over gold ??

8. Natara

Natara pfm Member

and Aretha Gold for that matter have had mine on pre for well over 6 months now

9. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

Aretha Gold out next week , no news on love over gold

10. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

The UN is currently deciding upon whether to add Love over Gold to the list of unacceptable weapons. Along with biological, flame throwers, land mines and being forced to binge watch Celebrity Big Brother.

11. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

Is Aretha Gold on vinyl excellent sound quality? They've crammed a lot of songs each side so does it sound compressed? The CD might be less risky...

12. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

The Rails album Other People is out today. It's chuffing ace.

13. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Shortly to be released: Aretha sings Love Over Gold.

14. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

15. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

16. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

That sounds pretty good based on a quick listen, I’ve ordered a copy (I’ve got the 1st album).

17. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

I missed one or two of his more recent solo efforts (like the Louis Philippe stuff) but like yourself have Embrace The Herd (on LP and the reissued CD) as well as the first two Rough Trade singles (The B-Side 'Yanks' is such a beautiful fragile tune and a personal favourite!).

18. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

19. htm_1968

htm_1968 pfm Member