1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

That’s odd, it’s subtitled here - there are two unrelated programmes with that name, one a film, the other the TV series being referred to; they both have subtitles. Maybe it’s a settings issue at your end.

2. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Yes it’s available in the UK - I mentioned it earlier in the thread.

3. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

OK, consider my post a bump ;)

4. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

I'm referring to the 4K series-I shall investigate further...

5. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

So am I. I’ve double checked and the subtitle/language options include an English option.

6. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Sorted thanks!

7. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

American Sniper is on Netflix now.

8. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

This is one of the best things I've seen in years.

9. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Just finished watching Startup on Amazon Prime. The fictional story of a cryptographic tech start up.

Martin Freeman is superb as a twitchy FBI agent. The accent completely fooled me, I didn’t realise it was him until I saw the credits. Excellent acting from the rest of the cast. Two series available.

10. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Also watched half of series 1 of Startup really good ,dirty fbi agents , gangsters and dodgy buissnessmen

11. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Also agree Suburra is excellent well worth putting up with subtitles !

12. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

We've decided to find it charming.

13. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I’ve no problem with subtitles, but I thought the young gypsy villain was a bit one dimensional. There was a sneer and that was about it. Still enjoyed it though, and would recommend it.

14. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

The Mindhunters series on Netflix is interesting, if you want to know what makes serial killers tick while mutilating people and sexually abusing them.

The series is co-produced by Charlize Theron. It is based on the true life stories of two behavioural science FBI agents and a Dr of Psychology. They interviewed and analysed imprisoned serial killers to find out what drove them to their actions.

Jack

15. crimsondonkey

crimsondonkey pfm Member

Mindhunters ^

16. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

You are completely right. I will amend the post!

Jack

17. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

why would normal people want to know that?

vuk.

18. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

Stranger Things 2 = recommended viewing!

19. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

Pawn Sacrifice, the biopic of Bobby Fischer, is pretty good. Tobey Maguire very convincing in the lead role. On Netflix.

20. Johnstephen

Johnstephen Member

I watched The Hateful Eight and Paterson on Amazon prime over the weekend.
    Both completely different movies but hugely enjoyable.