1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Air

Discussion in 'music' started by richgilb, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Just Moon Safari & Talkie Walkie in my collection. Love them both but the latter has had more plays over the years.

2. richgilb

richgilb I voted out lol....

Woah and wow! Listening now...completely up my street this one. You can't beat a bit of classical / orchestral in your pop.

Excellent stuff. Thanks!

3. Bluebeard

Bluebeard pfm Member

I quite like their last one - Le Voyage Dans La Lune, though it must be said I also like Georges Melies for whose 1912 film this is the soundtrack. Combines the best elements of a soundtrack for a silent movie -using music to convey emotions or atmospheres - with the trip-hopish elements of their earlier work.

As an accompaniment to a silent movie, probably only Cinematic Orchestra's Man with a Movie camera comes close. Moroder's Metropolis was an abomination and Glass' Nosferatu nowhere near scary enough.

regards,

Giles

4. Warszawa

Warszawa pfm Member

Alone in Kyoto on TW is just beautiful.

5. peelaaa

peelaaa pfm Member

Got most of Air on vinyl.

Order of best albums:
    Moon safari
    virgin suicides ost
    10000 hz legend
    talkie walkie
    love 2
    pocket symphony
    premier symptomes
    le voyage dans le lune

Great vinyl covers and 10000 hz legend really tests the speakers.

6. Mr Cat

Mr Cat pfm Member

just going through their albums - amazing (upto walkie talkie now) - tho, was a couple of duff tracks on 10k Hz legend...

also received the 5.55 album...will play that last.. :)

7. Mr Cat

Mr Cat pfm Member

kina continuing where i left off last night (but got side tracked by the falls - bend sinister) and got air love 2 and forgot how good it was :)

8. shrink

shrink pfm Member

Can’t add much to whats been said here. Moon safari excellent, talkie Walkie and 10,000hz also decent and 5:55 is pretty close to an authentic air album.

If you like air, check out Zero 7. Simple
    Things is an excellent air-like album.

9. Paul Mc

Paul Mc pfm Member

10. julesd68

julesd68 pfm Member

I notice that the five albums were remastered and released on 180g vinyl by Parlophone back in 2015. I'd be interested in picking these up - can anyone let me know what the sound quality is like?