1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Nov 9, 2017.

1. James

James Lord of the Erg\o/s

I googled Avatar and look what I found!

2. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Some sort of terrier cross breed, full of energy, never slows up and always on the hunt.

We got her from a dog rescue place and all they could tell is that she came from Ireland.

3. Rockhopper

Rockhopper pfm Member

Just to see that mr Rock is Hopping

4. Rockhopper

Rockhopper pfm Member

So not working at the moment. Oh dear

5. diybry

diybry pfm Member

I thought I would have an avatar nobody has previously seen...

6. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

you are now tied with max for the lead in our "best ironic avatar" competition.

vuk.

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Loving your Father Christmas icon Vuk, very festive.

claire.fox likes this.
  8. claire.fox

claire.fox Punk Pony Princess

The future is transparent screens hanging in mid air.

pfm is not unique in having truly dreadful avatars (but it is an exemplar of what happens when The Men In Beige get to choose.)

vuk likes this.
  9. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Beigist style snob. :p

claire.fox likes this.
  10. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

...and a bit of a hypocrite too, having supported the pant-suited one for president.

claire.fox and whatsnext like this.
  11. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Maybe that should be 'Rock is hoping', Russell:) Hope things are improving up your way. I'm so amazed that I accomplished something digitally different that I'm minded to have a different avatar every month. As this is my 'Sunset Strip' month, I'd better find/take a suitable photo

12. MarkW

MarkW Best Sounds Ever

Shiny helmet, because I am ugly and shy

13. Spike

Spike pfm Member

Great Crested Newt on my kitchen step a few nights ago.

14. -alan-

-alan- pfm Member

More Bianchi Celeste than teal I'd have said..

[​IMG]

15. Rockhopper

Rockhopper pfm Member

Think Mr R is back

16. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

Just changed mine to a pic of the moon I took via my telescope.

17. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

I can explain, but I wont :)

18. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

radical fench leftist farmer-protester blocking a truck?

19. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Does anyone else think 'secretary background' sniffs classist and possibly sexist? I could call the horrid eyestrain-inducing black backgrounds 'geek-gothic,' but that would be a rude attack based on nothing but a narcissistic view of the importance of my personal taste...

If dark background/light text was suited to prolonged detailed scanning, most websites would feature it. The masses of eyeballs seem to have spoken otherwise, though. Dark backgrounds seem to be relegated to amateur and subculture stuff. Dashboards and other equipment-operating contexts are different, one does not read masses of text on them typically.

Now if you compute wearing sunglasses, you do want glowing text, of course.... :cool:

20. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

if french cuisine were all that, most fast food places would feature it.

oh wait, i forgot about the fries.