1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Box Sets

Discussion in 'music' started by merlin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. gustavm

gustavm pfm Member

2. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

I know it ain't exactly cheap - especially considering vinyl isn't included - but the Sgt. Pepper's 4-CD, 1-DVD and 1-blu ray disc box set is currently £79.99 @ here Amazon.

3. robs

robs pfm Member

4. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

Mmm, that does look pretty good and I assume it sounds it as well.

Jack

5. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

6. lsinclair

lsinclair file under 'curmudgeonly'

7. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

8. JB76

JB76 pfm Member

#expensive

9. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Been waiting for the Bill Nelson set for a while, looking forward to 'Sounding The Ritual Echo' in that box :cool:

10. JB76

JB76 pfm Member

Tim Buckley - nice, new one on me.

11. JB76

JB76 pfm Member

Snap, another new one it's gone up though

12. JB76

JB76 pfm Member

I think I've just purchased more music in a week than in the last year. It's going too take an age just to rip this lot, let alone listen to it!

13. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Crumpets. I can hear crumpets.

IMHO it's the best one out of the three in that box.

The others are OK but that one is a very special recording to me, along with the 'Trial by Intimacy' set.

14. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

I agree Seeker.

I've got all the original LP's but I never got around to buying any Cocteau label CD's.

I loved the artwork to the Ritual Echo album as well, nice to see the front of the sleeve reprised on the box set cover too.

15. guey

guey pfm Member

Possibly a mistake, and out of stock at the moment; but 12 quid for the William Onyeabor 9CD boxset - seemed rude not to....

eta: Just had a delivery date given, and it's price has dropped another 7p to £12; so I guess not a mistake

16. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Whoah, thanks. Can't be right though?

17. mhv

mhv pfm Member

I've just been given a delivery date too.

Price now up to £56.08!

18. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

Missed that one. Great deal for whoever got in.

19. wacko

wacko pfm Member

This is the thread that saves us so much money we go bust.