1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Box Sets

Discussion in 'music' started by merlin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

2. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Mine came this morning. I had been thinking, Do I really need 9 William Onyeabor albums? Which was stupid: everybody does. So good, bargain even at full price.*

*Edit: which is now more than 80 big ones :eek:

3. guey

guey pfm Member

Worra swizz - mine's not even been dispatched yet.
    *shakes fist at amazon*

4. JTWzen

JTWzen Member

Unfortunately that would be only £53.67 delivered with a big dent in one corner, on its way back and I have to wait another 5 whole days.

5. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

Ouch!

6. JTWzen

JTWzen Member

Hooray, got it today.

7. springer

springer pfm Member

Had an email overnight from Amazon saying they're trying to 'obtain stock' for the Richter box set. It was due for delivery today. Not holding out any hope we'll ever see this; certainly not at £4.93!!

8. Paul Mc

Paul Mc pfm Member

Me too.

9. narabdela

narabdela who?

Same here. Given that it's currently listed at £34, it looks as if they're attempting a body swerve on this one.

10. mjw

mjw pfm Member

that price is a 'market' seller so perhaps Amazon are genuinely out of stock.

11. springer

springer pfm Member

I shall send my now mandatory polite but 'really disappointed' email. Was given £4 credit the last time anything like this happened.

12. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

Mine is expected to ship tomorrow with delivery via Royal Mail on Tuesday. I suspect once tomorrow comes I'll get the same email as you guys.

13. Andrewxyz

Andrewxyz pfm Member

Same email here :-(

14. Paul Mc

Paul Mc pfm Member

Just had another email promising delivery tomorrow.

15. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

Likewise, received a “Dispatched” email, in my case for delivery on Monday. I also received the earlier message about it being out-of-stock. A bit odd.

16. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Yep same for me....Delivery for October 30th and because delivery wasn't today, Amazon knocked off the £1.26 delivery charge! :cool:

17. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Me too!

18. DavidD

DavidD pfm Member

Me too too!

19. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

Me three :)

20. Andrewxyz

Andrewxyz pfm Member

No email for an order placed on 21/07. Their website says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."