1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Box Sets

Discussion in 'music' started by merlin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Mine is "Out for Delivery"
    !

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Got my Richter box, looks a really nice thing, nice solid slip-case, good quality card sleeves many being gatefolds, booklet etc. Better than the average budget repackaging. Haven’t played any of it yet.

3. Paul Mc

Paul Mc pfm Member

Arrived. Look's great.

4. mjw

mjw pfm Member

Mine arriving Sunday apparently.

5. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Delivered. What a bargain. Thanks to the OP.

6. lsinclair

lsinclair file under 'curmudgeonly'

All very odd. I checked my order date - also 21/07. I got both the “we have no idea when” and “yes we do - tomorrow!” emails yesterday and it has now arrived.

7. Andrewxyz

Andrewxyz pfm Member

Just had an email saying mine is on its way.

8. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

9. Citroen2CV

Citroen2CV Well-Known Member

Just got an email saying its shipped to New Zealand :)

10. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

Just had an email from Amazon saying the Richter set is out for delivery. Gobsmacked - never thought it would happen. Thanks again to the OP.

11. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Mine's on the delivery van too - Yes, another big Thanks to the OP!

12. sp25

sp25 pfm Member

Richter set just arrived - another vote of thanks!

13. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

Great to hear there's a few of us who got the box set. Has anyone listened to any of the music yet?

14. Lambros

Lambros pfm Member

Mine arrived today too. Thanks for the tip!

15. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I played a bit of the first CD and a bit of the last. Fairly rudementary mono on the earlier Columbia Masterworks album, but the piano and playing come across perfectly well, the audience applause, coughing fits (of which there are many) etc far less so. The last couple of albums are stereo and sound rather better, though I suspect it is a mono mic quite close on the piano and a couple of stereo mics for ambience ratger than a true stereo recording. Perfectly acceptable, but a good bit short of the proper Living Stereo the LSC prefix suggests. Quite surprised to find both Columbia and RCA albums in the same box, I guess it shows just how much of this stuff is owned by huge corporations these days. I also have this Complete DGG Solo/Concerto box and the two partner each other well.

PS The Carnegie Hall box is a rather surprising release given the overlap with this Complete Album Collection box!

16. PerF

PerF Private

Same here
    Amazing !

17. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

Cheers Tony, it sounds like it might be the bargain of the century :)

18. mjw

mjw pfm Member

DavidD
    Got mine and very pleased. As others have mentioned, we owe you our thanks for finding this. Which brings me on to, how did you do it? Is there a particular search you conduct or was it just a fluke shot?
    Thanks again
    Mick

19. DavidD

DavidD pfm Member

I think that it was just luck in spotting it, and good timing in posting here before the price was corrected.

20. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

Doesn't matter. Very well played. Got mine today and am enjoying it hugely. Thanks again.