1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Box Sets

Discussion in 'music' started by merlin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Andy A

Andy A pfm Member

I bought the Dylan "Original Mono Recordings" after recommendation on here and just been amazed of how good they sound. Really feel like he's in the room, haven't got as far as "blonde on Blonde"

2. mmckernie

mmckernie Well-Known Member

3. robs

robs pfm Member

Snapped one of those. Already have the download, but that is a great (unbelievable!) price for the boxset.

Many thanks!

4. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

5. fama

fama pfm Member

6. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Erm, are we actually going to receive this?

Using Google Chrome to Translate I'm seeing 'Discontinued Order'

7. mmckernie

mmckernie Well-Known Member

I received a confirmation email with a delivery date so I guess we will have to wait and see.

8. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

I did not receive a confirmation email!

9. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Can anyone translate better than google?

Wir haben Ihre Bestellung erhalten, bereiten sie aber noch nicht für den Versand vor.
    Wie lange Ihre Bestellung in diesem Status verbleibt, hängt von der Verfügbarkeit der Artikel und der gewählten Versandoption ab.

GOOGLE TRANLATE:
    We have received your order, but you do not prepare ahead for shipping.
    How long your order will remain in this status depends on the availability of the item and the selected shipping option.

10. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

The John Martyn page is saying it will ship in 1-2 months.

11. robs

robs pfm Member

I got a confirmation mail with expected delivery date. Looks like it's changed now. Cross fingers.

12. onlyconnect

onlyconnect pfm Member

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It's just rude not to at that price. Ordered.

14. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

If anyone knows where to get the Dylan Mono VINYL boxed set at a good price, please let me know.

Popmarket has a good price but I'm not sure if I trust buying from the US after an unfortunate experience with Acoustic Sounds.

15. Farthings cat

Farthings cat pfm Member

The Dylan set on vinyl is very good. I tripped over mine on eBay, a bit of a gamble but it worked out well with the box set being mint.

Gary

16. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Steve Reich: Phases - A Nonesuch Retrospective [5CD Boxset]

£14.99 inc delivery. once again cheaper than the other place.

Full album details here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Practically giving it away! I paid more but the music is great that I dont care.

18. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Ordered earlier, I’m going to have to start sneaking all these box sets into the house.

19. Joe

Joe pfm Member

20. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Can’t see this one being delivered, fingers crossed.