1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Barn Group Exhibition

Discussion in 'photo' started by JemHayward, Oct 24, 2017.

1. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

Shameless plug time I'm afraid. The Barn Group, which is me, along with pro-photographer Ali Rodwell (www.hookyphotos.org.uk), Noel Bell, a local well respected amateur snapper, and the sculptor and painter Andy Hayward from Blue Butterfly Studios (www.bbfly.co.uk) - who you may have seen at the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists exhibition this week (www.rbsa.org.uk) - all exhibiting photographs, paintings and sculpture at the Barn Art Gallery (www.facebook.com/barnartgallery) at Hare Cottage in Hook Norton OX15 5NP. We have a preview evening on Friday (wine and nibbles), then we are open noon-7pm, Saturday and Sunday, 7pm-10pm during the week, and then noon-7pm on the 4th and 5th of November. Although fellow photographers rarely buy anything (oddly artists often do!) - it would be lovely to see any of you there. There are postcards from £1, greetings cards, small prints from £10, mounted prints at £25, Framed prints from £65, and sculptures up to £2,000 - if it doesn't sell at the RBSA!

[​IMG]barnadvert by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

2. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

3. Dougie2404

Dougie2404 pfm Member

I'm too far away, but good luck for the day.

4. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

Just a quick bump to say that we are open tonight from 7pm to 10pm, and Saturday and Sunday from noon until 7pm. It would be great to see some of you there. The second weekend tends to be less busy which means you can actually see stuff! I'm not 'on duty' all the time, but will be about latter half of the day on both Saturday and Sunday. As I don't know what most of you look like, you'll need to introduce yourself, though the reaction of my colleagues will make of someone arrives and announces themselves as a 'pink fish', could be interesting!!!

Previous exhibitions have attracted their fair share of nutters so you may be ok...