1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Beeswax fuses

Discussion in 'trade discussion' started by Purité Audio, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

I have owned my Beeswax fuses for three weeks now, I can't wait for the month to expire and they become fully 'burnt in',

[​IMG]
    Keith

2. S_J

S_J pfm Member

Can't tell if this is a serious ad or a pisstake...

3. unclepuncle

unclepuncle pfm Member

Are you playing 'Flight of the Bumblebee' on repeat to burn then in?:D

4. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

Putting fuel inside a fuse, ingenious way to ensure a thorough 'burn-in'.

5. Purité Audio

Absolutely serious!
    Quote,'
    I agree with ******Audio re. Burn in and For comparison I'd say the SR Black ads dynamics, resolution and a more forward presentation. The AM Beeswax has dynamics, greater resolution, not as forward but most importantly for me is the huge soundstage in all dimensions particularly depth and height, perhaps width compromised by my narrow room.

Entirely system dependent of course with maybe the Lampizator preferring SR black and the SGM a AM Beeswax.
    All worth a try and though expensive, worthwhile to experiment.

Keith

6. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

What the actual F***!!

[Goes off to investigate.../]

7. misterc6

misterc6 What's he building in there?

Have I dozed off and woken up on April 1st?

No worries, I'll be sticking with my Unicorn Hair fuses :D

8. Purité Audio

9. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Well after a bit of reading i'm amazed! - The differences seem to be dramatic! Can I just ask one thing? We never change our fuses in our equipment, and the physical removal and insertion of the fuse probably increases the contact area and cleans up the connection..

Can I ask someone with these to do a blind test? - Ie get someone to change a fuse, but not put a fuse full of Dodo semen back in, but a standard fuse?

I would be hugely interested to hear the results..

Edit - Oh, I think I may have just had a lightbulb moment!... How to make my system sound more realistic and 'human' - where's my Penthouse collection...

10. Purité Audio

Blind test! Just trust your ears and memory !
    Keith

11. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Bee serious- boom tish!

l'll get my coat.:D

12. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

With humour like that you can buzz off.

13. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

ah its just great to wax lyrical about these matters ....and yes it does look like april 1st!

14. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Ok Honey.........

15. mand

mand pfm Member

Do they make any difference to the sound already?
    I've read about this range of fuses, can I ask where you obtained them and the cost?
    I could be tempted, but will wait for your long term opinion first.
    Cheers
    Mand

16. martin clark

Just in case English and its native sarcasm isn't your first language, Mand: the whole idea is a foul and unfunny joke. Do not spend good money on it.

17. mand

mand pfm Member

English is fine, just keeping an open mind ( or ear?).
    So should I rub the lard damping off my speaker cables?
    Mand

18. martin clark

Only if you'd rather try this oil I've extracted from Pipistrelle Bats instead... naturally, it's quite expensive...

19. mand

mand pfm Member

I like the sound of bat oil, I suppose it will extend the high frequencies?
    But then the wax damping may counteract its effects, so I'll be back were I started but with a lightened wallet.....

Enough already.

20. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

And there's the sting in the tail.