1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Beeswax fuses

Discussion in 'trade discussion' started by Purité Audio, Dec 6, 2016.

1. formbypc

formbypc pfm Member

Hang on, aren't you usually the first to jump in and decry this method?

2. formbypc

formbypc pfm Member

From http://highend-electronics.com/products/audio-magic-premiere-beeswax-super-fuse

Parenthetic comments in bold are mine

"NOW NEW! Beeswax SHD - Super High Definition!

The new Beeswax SHD fuse incorporates a triple layer design with 2 new proprietary components to make the fuse even quieter with a better transfer of current and relocation of the Bees Wax inside of the fuse for better stability.

(Where was it before, if not 'inside the fuse'? Smeared around the outside of the glass?)

Audio Magic latest fuse in the Premiere line - The "Beeswax" Premiere Super Fuse. The Beeswax version is identical to the Premiere version the only difference is Audio Magic uses Beeswax instead of the normal anti vibration fluid, this gives the fuse a very organic flavor but maintains the detail, dynamics and everything the Premier does. The production of this fuse is very difficult, very hard to get the Beeswax into the fuse but the organic sound is too good to ignore.

Audio Magic Premiere SUPER fuse:
    The Audio Magic Premiere SUPER fuse incorporates Audio Magic's anti vibration fluid to stop the element from vibrating at 50/60 hz and then the blackout powder super mix to absorb all EMI and RFI riding the element as well as ambient sources and insert a new HRC core which allows the signal to travel through the fuse in a more cohesive and linear manner. The Premier (make up your mind - is it Premiere or Premier?) SUPER fuse is 30% better (how much? Not 25%, not 40%, but 30% exactly ...) than the Audio Magic's original SUPER fuse in every way!

Much more detail top to bottom, wider and deeper soundstage, much better inner detail, layering, and a lot more air around instruments and voices."

3. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

Irony!
    Keith

4. Still

Still gyldengourd

Don't give up the day job.

5. Purité Audio

Some sage advice here,
    Quote,
    In my experience, you simply need to have a short listen with the new fuse in each direction to determine whether there is any significant directionality and which orientation you prefer. With some fuses, Padis for example, the sound was noticeably more open and timed better in one direction however I did not hear a significant difference with the orientation of the SR Black.

Keith

6. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Well that'll be because of the way the wire was extruded won't it? If you get it right the electrons find it easier to get through, ergo improved micro-dynamics.

Not a serious post, incidentally!

7. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

Surely all competently designed fuses should sound the same :D

I did wonder if someone had hacked Keith's account but it seems not. 2016 has been a strange year...

8. rn82497

rn82497 pfm Member

What I find difficult is the blatant inconsistencies in the arguments used. Almost as changeable as the weather. :(

9. Purité Audio

Just for the sake of clarity, I only post this stuff for light entertainment ,I don't sell or recommend any foo products, the fact that a 'dealer' would recommend fuses or post that' advice' obscene , and the fact that someone might actually believe it defies belief.
    Keith

10. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Distributor and Manufacturer

Pot and kettle spring to mind Keith? :rolleyes:

11. Purité Audio

'I drove eight hundred miles ,didn't receive one single enquiry and was told my amps were shit',
    Still brings a smile to my face,Graham.
    Keith

12. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Distributor and Manufacturer

Brings a smile to my face too Keith seeing what happened to the guy who made that comment!

13. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

I'm amazed anyone doesn't see Keith's clearly taking the piss. A foo fuse is about as ridiculous as it gets.

14. oldie

oldie pfm Member

I've been informed of a new world beater fuse that has been filled with a vibration damping fluid whose composition has been a bit of a manufacturing secrete but it seems that the fuse had been very carefully filled with CH2NO3CHNO3CH2NO3 the claim is that it gives as the American manufacture claims more bangs for your bucks
    oldie

15. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

So the fuse always stays hard ?

Fuse equivalent of a priapism.

16. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

O SHIT iv'e just bought half a dozen, and they an't cheep

17. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Wasn`t there a film about the delivery of a lorry load of these fuses over dangerous mountain roads somewhere in South America?

18. crimsondonkey

crimsondonkey pfm Member

Always amuses me that some people who actually fall for this kind of shit (also no mention yet of the quantum tunnelling technology that obviously makes these £80 fuses a relative bargain), are the ones who get so shit flingingly upset when you point out what utter hogwash they've swallowed!

Just proves the saying that it's easier to fool a man than it is to convince him that he's been fooled!

19. rich46

rich46 pfm Member

for guys who haven't any thing worth to waste their money on .

20. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles Trade: MGM Audio

I must get some Beeswax fuses for my kettle plug.
    Those Twinings Breakfast tea bags will taste even better...