1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Star

Discussion in 'music' started by Gaius, Jan 18, 2017.

1. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Thanks Bloss very nice of you to say that, appreciate the kind comments.

Tony

PS, we're married 37 years this coming December, I was married at 21 and my wife was 22, seems like a lifetime ago now.

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Have just watched the prequel to Prime Suspect which was set in '73. My last year of college before being thrust onto the chalk-face. You were a bit young, though, in the scheme of things, but 43 years? Proof indeed. Debt? Hmmmm !

3. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

Listened to Black Star or vinyl this afternoon and it's very good indeed; much better imo than A New Day not to mention a few of his other albums. Well done David ;)

4. jimi

jimi pfm Member

Just playing this on vinyl now for the first time despite owning it for months it's a lot more meatier sounding than the Cd all in all a great final lp.

5. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

Black Star is a hard album, especially for the true Bowie fan, it though is a brilliant album, it did take me many months after my first play to put it back on. That was the day before died; I wrote some stuff on here about that at the time but can't find it. These days it remains in my play pile, he was the best, the most and left us with one of his best recordings.

6. Orbe Chaser

Orbe Chaser pfm Member

I agree G, emotionally it is very hard, in fact I still cannot play it without tears, but I play it often & the tears now are not sadness at his passing but rather rejoicing at his genius. That he should leave us this work just when most fans thought his best work was long ago proves that, I really think it is one of his best. He was indeed the most.

7. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

8. killie99

killie99 pfm Member

I still struggle to listen to it -the line 'Look up here I'm in heaven' get's me every time.

9. docp

docp pfm Member

I love Black Star and don't have a problem playing it. The recent documentary "The Last Five Years" however was another story and had me weeping buckets.