1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Classic Naim / Linn system 32.5, 160, TC, Kans

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Chalkstorm, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

I have the below classic Naim system for sale, would prefer to sell as a system for now, but may split if there are no takers.

Update!
    Prices added, will post at cost

Update!
    Will split now, I have some offers for the 160, if you are interested in any of the other items, let me know.

Update!
    Photos here
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tncpvrk5i01zapm/AABpaLJ6pUDY-EYAo4I8V1WVa?dl=0

NAP 160, Chrome Bumper version. Lovely condition, unmarked case and fascia, has nice bright silver logo. Recapped 6 years ago, including the pre-amp supply. No issues other than the bulb in the switch has gone.
    £500

NAC 32.5, full set of boards, red led version, casework in great condition, a few scratches on the underside, but other than that nice. Fascia in perfect condition with bright silver logo. Plastic bits of the mono and monitoring levers are missing though, but still work fine. Volume control is perfect, crackle free, as is the source selection. I will include the NJ322 mm phono cards I also have the blanking plug to use when powering the pre-amp from the power amp, although you will probably want to use...
    £250 with mm boards

TeddyCap Mk 3, again, excellent condition, just one small mark to the top front, powers the pre-amp, gives nice improvement in sound quality over the built in supply of the 160, which isn't too bad itself.
    £250

Linn Kan Mk1 speakers, these are a little tatty, it has to be said. There are a few marks on them and some knocks to the wood. I'm sure these could be spruced up a bit with a bit of time and attention, but I never got around to it. Sound great, punchy and dynamic, just like Kans should be. Amazing with rock and electronic music, so so with jazz, forget it with classical.
    Only available as part of system deal

Linn Kan Mk 2 stands, the best open framed stands for the Kans, again a bit tatty, but just need a bit of touching up. Comes with spikes but they're in need of replacing.
    Only available as part of system deal

And of course all the cables that are required for connecting this lot together, grey SNAIC, white TeddyCap 5 pin, Linn LK40 speaker cable, 3.5 mtrs per side (same as Naim NAC4).

Taking into account the condition of the speakers I'm selling this lot for £1,050.

I'm looking to sell this locally ideally, so would invite buyers to come over and have a listen first with a beer / cup of tea. Not looking to send by post at the moment, sorry.

I'm based in Limehouse, East London, but could deliver potentially within the London area.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017 at 4:01 PM
  2. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Nice system what did you use as a source?

3. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Perfect pricing, exactly what I would pay for this. I would love to have it but cannot justify a 4th system! GLWS

4. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

Various, mostly a Garrard 401 or an Apogee One DAC fed from an iMac. Phono performance is lovely from the Neil James cards, in fact I'm using the 32.5 with everything out apart from these and the soft start card, powered by the TeddyCap as my phono stage at the moment into a Leben cs300x. Could happily live with this, but such is life when you have the itch!

5. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Delicious!

6. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

7. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

Bump, will be sending out photos to interested parties this evening.

8. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

Photos added, see first post

9. Rallye_punk

Rallye_punk pfm Member

link doesn't work!

10. misterc6

misterc6 What's he building in there?

It works for me!

11. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

Me too!

12. Rallye_punk

Rallye_punk pfm Member

gaaaah thanks guys!

13. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

14. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

Lovely classic system still available.

15. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

Will split, let me know if your interested in any of the other items

16. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

17. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

NAP160 sold subject to paymet.

Will update the other items with prices.

18. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

Can post all items at cost.

19. Chalkstorm

Chalkstorm pfm Member

Sunday Bump, NAP160 back up for sale

20. kanwar

kanwar pfm Member

I had a system very similar to this a long time ago and I sold it to help finance the move to live abroad. Boy did I miss that sound. it took me about 20 years to get a combination that rocked anywhere near as close. From personal experience this is a great system and a bargain to boot. I don’t know Chalkstorm; but GLWTS, mate and have a bump on me.