1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Side of the Moon remastered LP - at ASDA

Discussion in 'music' started by Stunsworth, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

My local ASDA have a remastered LP of Dark Side of the Moon. The sleeve says that it's been mastered from the original master tapes. Has anyone heard this, and if so how does it sound as I'm tempted?

Thanks

2. JD68

JD68 Active Member

If it's this one then I think it sounds ok. I bought it online earlier this year - think it was probably Amazon France or Germany and was cheap but can't remember how much. May be the same release as Asda have.

Dsotm https://imgur.com/a/JNbCl

3. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Thanks. I think that’s the same as the one in ASDA - the sticker on the cover is identical.

ASDA are wanting £18.

4. Warszawa

Warszawa pfm Member

I don’t think it’s full analogue but sounds very good.

5. JD68

JD68 Active Member

I paid nothing like that. Would have been nearer to a tenner.

6. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I bought the 200g pressing about 10 years ago and have my brother's original release- the lucky sod went to see them tour it at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh.

7. Chris Minchin

Chris Minchin Member

I'm sitting listening to the 180g re-master right now. Purchased from Sainsburys! Sounds superb.

8. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Come back DSS, please

Bloss

9. Still

Still gyldengourd

I imagine dss is taking it easy somewhere, contemplating ASDA's pipe and slippers limited edition of DSOTM.

10. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

I do not reckon he has tickets for the Aussie PF shower.

Bloss

11. Simon Dawson

Simon Dawson Angry, Ill & Ugly

Is it? I thought that the Klaus Schulze reissue thread might have got him out of hiding.

12. Durmbo

Durmbo Not French

Would a Conrad Schnitzler thread be a better bet, Simon?

I imagine he is lost in Krautrock as he cruises in his Porsche is it. Who else remembers his epic Krautrock Flood thread from some years ago? I have revisited it just now and it was more of a tsunami. He spelled Conrad's surname nearly as rightly as wrongly there.

I'm sure he would, if he had a BMW to get there in.