1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever get fed up with music ?

Discussion in 'music' started by AudioAl, Oct 17, 2017.

1. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

I play music every day and love it , Never get fed up with my favorite bands

One of them is Tears for Fears , Fandabbydosey :D

Vinyl is better than streaming in my book ;)

I could list more favourites , will see what you think first

2. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Yes, listen to R4 as much as records nowadays.

Bloss

3. Johnstephen

Johnstephen Member

No. My major frustration is not having enough time to listen to it all.
    Still love my vinyl although I have moved onto streaming too.
    I never get fed up of listening to Talk Talk and the Blue Nile. Musical perfection IMO.

4. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I never get tired of exploring so what is in regular rotation changes over the years, but there is always a lot of music around.

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Couldn't exist without music; never could and never shall. Like Beethoven, even when I go totally Mutt & Jeff I'll have music in/on my brain.

Classic FM in the car and kitchen, R3/4 and Cl. FM in the office and on the main system. Either CD or vinyl on my bi-weekly sessions. Life's organised and good.

6. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Have been for decades a keen listener to music of all sorts (except techno) as it gives me access to an awful lot of information about other things like history, religion, philosophy, politics, other cultures, and love <3

Today I am busy enough with my classical guitar and 3 choir rehearsals a week, I find that making music is hard work but much more fun.

I still listen to the occasional Chaconne, Winterreise, Live/Dead or Head Hunters, e.g the works which you know will always keep their part of mystery. But running after all those new and doubtless great rock bands ? They don't write their music for me.

7. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

Same here but there are days when I listen to no music at all - this never happened before retirement

8. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

Nope, never ever get fed up listening to music. Football.....well yeh sometimes.

Cheers....Dave

9. GJO

GJO pfm Member

After my bake off last Saturday,I now have Letta Mbulu,D'angelo and Maxwell to investigate,never heard of these artists before,there's always something new to explore,so no I don't ever get fed up.

10. davem

davem pfm Member

No, never get fed up of music. Been fascinated by it since I was knee high. If I'm struggling to find time to pick and play my own stuff, I'll just have an internet radio station on in the background - Radio Paradise is a favourite or Classic FM. Still love vinyl but tend to stream more now, purely for convenience. But i do like to make time for a nostalgic vinyl session when I get the chance.

11. venton

venton pfm Member

Somedays I just can't find anything to play which really suits my mood, so I turn off the system. But it doesn't happen often.

12. matt j

matt j pfm Member

I have to be in the mood, I'm usually very tired in the evening and find that's not the best state to be in for anything other than background digital playback or radio.

I will mainly listen to vinyl if I'm less tired or at the weekends.

Never get fed up with it though, I only get frustrated with having so much music I want to buy but only having finite finances and time to appreciate it!

13. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

This, unfortunately.

I can go a week or 2 without listening, it's a passion but no an obsession.
    I would say i watch more quality film & tv than listen to music.

14. wacko

wacko pfm Member

I prefer listening with people. Except they can't talk all through it. Catch 22.

15. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

Never. Sometimes I just like casually listening to radio paradise, other times sitting down & listening with intent.
    DAB in the car, with bbc radio6, or something jazz or classical.
    40 Year’s of musical enjoyment so far, LP’s CD’s & more recently using Tidal.
    Can’t see me changing anytime soon.

16. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Music always, always comes before tv in our house vinyl for proper listening streaming for background. I chatted up and got to know my Mrs discussing music over 20 years ago and we still listen to and discuss music everyday although unfortunately she doesn't share my obsession for Hifi.

17. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

Simple answer. No.

Barely watch tv or film. Even if not sitting down, kicking back and listening something will be on in the background.

I just wish there was more time...

18. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

I don't get fed up with music, equally I don't play music all the time, sometimes quiet is best. For me music is a journey, finding and being open to new things, genres, whilst continuing to enjoy my past experiences. I have though become more critical in the same way I won't tolerate a bad wine!

19. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

There will never not be new music for me to discover. Just wish Peel was still here to guide me.

20. toozeup

toozeup pfm Member

If I ever get fed-up with listening to music I quickly realise I just need to listen to something a bit different!