1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever get fed up with music ?

Discussion in 'music' started by AudioAl, Oct 17, 2017.

1. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

I don't really get fed up with listening to music, but I do find myself listening to the radio (6music generally) much more these days than choosing an album from my own collection.

2. the loaf

the loaf pfm Member

I have concluded that in my own case music is addictive non unlike a drug , it has always assisted me in coping with life as an escape or facilitated a therapeutic response to life's problems . I do occasionally have a day off music - but - that sometimes means I am out in the countryside and 'tune in' to birdsong (!?) (Jazzy man ).

3. No, just frustrated at the lack of time to listen to vinyl. Most of my listening these days is 6 Music and Robert Elms on BBC London, in the car or on my Personal DAB.

Should never have moved into an open plan house, used to have my system in the dining room in our old terraced house, I could leave everyone else watching the TV. Now the TV goes through the Hi-Fi.

Cheers BB

4. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

The one flaw with open plan is people, for one it works, possibly for two.

Bloss

5. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

I rarely go off music as I have streaming capabilities in the rooms I mostly occupy here.
    I have currently gone right off HiFi though due to a difficult purchase, ongoing issues and general displeasure with my lot. This has resulted in almost zero usage of new hifi kit over the last three months. I'd go as far as to say I am actually growing to hate the thing due to the amount of negative energy attached to it!

Any consumer rights experts on board here?

6. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Whats happened ?

7. gassor

gassor "There may be more posts after this."

Never ever get fed up with music, always on the look out for something new to make me smile. I listen to some old stuff, but not much. 2-3 times a week I listen (one track only unless I'm smiling) to all the new albums and/or playlists on Tidal - sad at my age, but I don't care. Oh and some Beethoven who floors me at times.

8. scottcarpenter

scottcarpenter pfm Member

No I never ever get tired of listening to music. In fact in gets better and better :)

I love Tears For Fears too (and Roland Orzabal's solo stuff).

I saw them on the Seeds of Love tour in 1989 when Oleta Adams played with them. She played the whole of Woman in Chains by herself to open the gig then they came on. Its was spellbinding.

9. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

Ordered some kit in Feb and paid up front. Received some kit in March but not all .....still waiting for remainder and getting a silly amount of excuses.

10. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

I've always loved music, i think. Even from a poor source (remember 1950s Radio Relay, and then Luxembourg?) it has an effect, but the better the reproduction, the more I enjoy it (except some modern bangy stuff).
    But for a more emotional involvement, making music is by far the best, whether singing or playing, closely followed by listening to live music.
    I find it irritating sometimes when I want to listen to music, but can't decide on which genre, but it's one way of getting older LPs out, playing a track or two, then moving on.

11. Buntobox

Buntobox Well-Known Member

Never tire of it. Problem is there aren't enough hours in the day to do it as much as I would like.

12. jamington2004

jamington2004 pfm Member

Curveball alert......

I get bored of music sometimes. Just don't feel in the mood to devote attention to it, or nothing I think about putting on inspires me so I just don't bother, and prefer to stare at the telly or my phone!

Can sometimes last for days, very occasionally weeks.

Never been one for background music really - proper listening or nowt

13. docp

docp pfm Member

Don't think I could go a day without listening to something or other.

14. herb

herb music live

Nope, I actively control my mood by listening to the most odd music, 'classical', 'jazz', 'pop', 'eastern', 'post modern', 'religious' etc. It works very well :).

15. Anh

Anh Naim ghetto blaster

Yes, same here. I think a little break from the repetition helps you appreciate things more.

16. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Never hifi however can make me very fed up.

17. nuff

nuff Active Member

I listen to music whenever I get a chance. When the wife's on a late shift is my main vinyl listening time.

18. Durmbo

Durmbo Not French

Some, yes. As a thing, never.

19. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Definitely go through different phases of music appreciation, sometimes lasting years. Minor work stress at the moment is making music a bit of an irritation. Wonder if I'm coming to the end of a period of intense enjoyment of music. I've accumulated a fair bit of kit during that period, I can imagine casting a slightly bewildered eye over it in the coming months, like waking up from a bender and wondering how you acquired the tattoo and the unicycle.