1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

Discussion in 'audio' started by Cereal Killer, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

you missed the bit in bold which I've included.

Pick up the phone, speak to Mark Grant. Just as I did. PM Colin if needs be.
    It's not my place to speak for them... But this doesn't change the fact that every user thus far has not been disappointed with the outlay.

CJ14 likes this.
  2. Cereal Killer

So you've not tried the LS-25 yet feel you know better. Nice.

3. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

I didn’t miss that bit because it wasn’t there - you’ve just added it.

You are doing quite a lot of ‘speaking for them’, even if you think otherwise. I’ve spoken to Mark Grant before, a very nice bloke too.

4. kenniGT

kenniGT pfm Member

There is a golden rule in audio.

Try what we are talking about, than have an opinion, but only about -> how it was working in your system.

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron You're home early...

Old saying, "don't push the river".

6. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

I've been helping this thread to keep it going primarily because, I'm waiting for someone to try the LS-25 and not like it and give their reasons why.

It was only last week I chucked my touchstone at the system to see whether my ears were playing some sort of confirmation trick on me. Gong's "You" is one album I know sounds completely different on different systems, some cosset it others, merely fall apart in the face of its' densely packed yet almost infinitely nuanced soundscape. Most throw a decent approximation of the mix at you, they nearly all tend to emphasise, the sax, the guitar, the synths, whatever at the expense of the rest of the mix.

Listening with the LS-25 my first thought post lifting the stylus was, "Chuff me, Howlett's Bass guitar has some real thunder and attack in it I had never noticed before". Furthermore, it was achieved without it ruining the rest of the music's cohesion.

If someone tries the LS-25 and hates it, fine, then please do post why on here. However, please can we drop the whole "Tall Poppy" syndrome which seems to infect the world of Hifi as a whole.

On that note, can someone please try it with NS1000s? I am dying to hear their thoughts on the combination.

CJ14 likes this.
  7. Cereal Killer

Really don't understand what not clear but have a read at post #2 here: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3147725&postcount=2

8. DANOFDANGER

DANOFDANGER pfm Member

I am all for this thread, if i was not then i would not have ordered one. What i am not for is the careless use of words from CK which he constantly gets in trouble for. He is pushing way too hard for a product he owns. Just let others speak and keep the ball rolling.

I am hoping that my rigorous testing with the handful of cables i have on me, will be sufficient to quantify where exactly the LS-25 sits.

9. Cereal Killer

Ahh I forgot your words are sooooo much more important right, I see you have issues. Nuff said. No need to be patronising or condescending ... but I presume you can’t see this. Anyhow hope you enjoy them

10. abbydog

abbydog pfm Member

Said the dealer to the junkie...

11. rn82497

rn82497 pfm Member

Bah Humbug

12. ugmm02

ugmm02 pfm Member

I have recently bought a pair of these cables to feed the mid/hi input of my active speakers, to replace the NACA5, although this latter is retained at the moment for bass duties. Must say that the Elsdon LS-25 is significantly better that the NACA5.

I. Probably would not have bought the LS-25s without the 30 day trial period offered by Mark Grant.

I have not tried any other cables so do not know if others would offer superior performance but I am delighted with the performance improvement of the LS-25s. Will now have to save the pennies (??) to replace the bass cables.

13. PerF

PerF Private

Ha !
    And there was me thinking active speakers did not need external speakercables :p
    Guess you live and you learn

14. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

Yes usually you run interconnect to active loudspeakers, I presume they are only semi-active.
    Keith

15. ugmm02

ugmm02 pfm Member

Yes active via Snaxo. Active loudspeaker based on the absence of a passive crossover.

16. Alan Brown

Alan Brown Registered LUser

I got two sets of IC-25 interconnects just recently. Really nicely made and first impressions are really very good in my system. More of what the LS-25 does and then some, i think.

Very happy so far.

17. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

So much for the expert advice doh.

18. Foxman50

Foxman50 pfm Member

Oh come on Alan you can do better than that snippet :)

19. Jonn

Jonn pfm Member

I had the LS-25 speaker cables on trial for a week or so but in the end decided to return them.
    Compared with my NACA5 cables they have a lighter, airier presentation, bit more detail with a greater sense of space between musicians. Bass is clear and well defined. So very good overall.
    However, I missed the extra body and substance of the Naim cable. In comparison the LS-25 lacked warmth I thought and was slightly lightweight.
    It really depends on what balance of attributes are most important to you.

System is Naim 250DR into SL2s so maybe this combination favours the Naim cable, compared with other equipment.

20. DANOFDANGER

DANOFDANGER pfm Member

This is similar to the effect i had from the kimber 8tc's. Bass was fine but it came accross thin.