1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

George Michael 'Freedom' DocuFilm on C4 tonight

Discussion in 'music' started by ToTo Man, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

We accidentally stumbled across his house a couple of weeks ago whilst walking in Highgate. Walking down the road you could see the piles of tributes on the grass across from the house from 100s of metres away. Still there 10 months on.

As we approached we were wracking our brains as to what the piles of flowers, flags, posters etc was. Neither of us guessed until we were right next to it.

Victoria Wood lived a few houses away too. Not exactly a fun year for that neighbourhood.

2. Warszawa

Warszawa pfm Member

I stumbled across this whilst channel surfing and watched about 10 minutes, mainly for the Gyro. The documentary seemed more like a discography with a bit of gushing from twats like James Corden.

3. lennyw

lennyw pfm Member

Somewhat ironic that it's made by Sony, and it'll be Sony who mainly profit from the upsurge in sales for LWPv1 which is the main album featured.

4. scottcarpenter

scottcarpenter pfm Member

Interesting doc but not terribly revealing or profound.

I am a massive fan of his music, especially his live performances. I saw him 5 times and he was breathtakingly good every single time.

I have always been saddened that he was so unprolific and in relative terms produced so little over the duration of his career.

A tortured soul in many ways which usually means the writing of many more songs!

His death was deeply sad to me but not a huge surprise.

RIP George.