1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Good New Techno

Discussion in 'music' started by darrell_giant, Jun 10, 2012.

1. darrell_giant

darrell_giant pfm Member

Just wanted to put up this CD.

Inertia - Resisting Routine mixed by Delta Funktionen, Ann Aimee/Delsin recs (Holland), INERTIACD1

Came out at the end of March and I keep comming back to it. Just the right mix of detail, depth and subtlety whilst still keeping it all moving. Excellent IMHO and currently very cheap (£5.99), at a major on-line dance retailer. Annoyingly I paid a bit more than this.

Best Techno mix I've heard for a while. Well put together.

Just to give a flavour

[YOUTUBE]IiwMWQY8KM4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_DTW6ABE7gw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]dKVBhb3dhOQ[/YOUTUBE]

2. dss

dss Musical Bons

I like Delta Funktionen and M Dehnert is it.

On the top of the CD pile on the desk is Kontra Musik remixes from Japan, with work by Fengler, Scuba, Substance. Nodge , A Made Up Sound and others that might well be in a similar vein there.

DS

3. darrell_giant

darrell_giant pfm Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Will look it up.

4. datay

datay pfm Member

Great mix - also have it on CD, rarely buy mixes these days as so many online.

5. Anex

Anex Señor Member

I downloaded this yesterday, liking these things as I do. It's the business.

6. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Annoying that the Juno download is twice as expensive as buying the cd!

7. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

the CD from Juno comes with the download! What's not to like for £5.99!

8. James Evans

Aha, hadn't noticed that, thanks. I'm away with work at the moment so fancied something new to listen to. Hopefully the download code will come in the order confirmation rather than in the cd case (now ordered...).

9. darrell_giant

darrell_giant pfm Member

Another recent one that is doing it for me is

Deepentertained 2 mixed by Filburt on the wonderful Statik Records (Germany), STATIK0382, that was out at the end of April.

A bit deeper and Housier (but still very much techno if you know what I mean), than the Inertia release. Totally absorbing to my ears, and a fine follow up to the first one in the series. Also a cheapy. Liking this very much too.

May be of interest to some of you.

[YOUTUBE]_M3N-Be6C10[/YOUTUBE]

10. darrell_giant

darrell_giant pfm Member

Good call - thanks I like.

11. datay

datay pfm Member

I take it we all have Forward Strategy Group "Labour Division"? Jesus Christ, even made it into the Saturdday Guardian a couple of weeks ago...

Reissue of Steve Rachmad's 1995 Sterac album out in a week - genius.

12. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Yes I've been listening to forward strategy group on the way to work of late. I rate it as a fine slice of industrial tech.

13. trancera

trancera pfm Member

That one by Takarta is excellent Darrell except for the mobile phones which had me wondering if my mobile was too close to my tuna :confused:

14. darrell_giant

darrell_giant pfm Member

Yes it could do without the mobile phone interference.

The tune reminds me of Model 500 - Starlight from around '95. Beautiful tune.

[YOUTUBE]vSxMmGzlQ-w[/YOUTUBE]

If you like what Statik are doing then you might like this

Sven Tasnadi pres Jakob Altmann - On A Straight Road To Planet Ceres STATIK 0362 out last Jan.

[YOUTUBE]DSKwM61ilOc[/YOUTUBE]

15. Fox

Fox The sound of one hoof clopping

There is nothing here I don't like
    nothing.

Anything Oswald von Moritz I always gravitate towards and with a mix of Juan Atkins (Model 500) as well? Missed that one... can't fathom why. Pass thee thine napkins fair serf.

16. James Evans

Some decent dj mixes on the delsin records site, including a 3 hour Delta Funktionen, and decent M Dehnert one (in amongst all the dead links...). A spot of googling later and found this site as well:

http://okkana.com/category/broadcasts/

Looks like some decent mixes on there too. Gym fodder. Need something to keep me motivated.

17. Anex

Anex Señor Member

I endorse the Frozen Borders compilation. Also fairly industrial.

18. datay

datay pfm Member

Two Shifted mixes from recently: Resident Advisor (probably archived, few weeks old) and Field Records podcast - the latter is more of a builder, superb, the RA mix more industrial (opens with a Prurient track). Also his album ("Crossed Paths") is worth getting if (like me) you like actual techno artist albums.

Dehnert has an album out on fachwerk this week but I much prefer his mixes/sets, sadly had to miss the fachwerk night in Vauxhall last Friday, work next day. Not to say it's not worth getting though.

19. dss

dss Musical Bons

Thanks for the Shifted tips

I am also enjoying that Shifted_ album, good to see this sort of thing being mooted rather than the Prog dullness elsewhere is it.

Dehnerts last artist album Framework and the precursor Before Framework were interesting, couldn't work out what speed they were supposed be at there.

DS

20. jagdesign

jagdesign pfm Member

Michael Mayer's Immer mixes FTW