1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Good New Techno

Discussion in 'music' started by darrell_giant, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

2. Cereal Killer

3. datay

datay pfm Member

Following my recommendation for the Phase album, which is out on vinyl and I hope you bought as it's excellent (better than Dettmann, I feel) here's his remix of PvH's To Alter a Vector. Bang-ger.

The vinyl's sold out (whole series has I think) but the track's available from Time to Express bandcamp for E1.50 in 24/44.1, bargain.

[YOUTUBE]dbnT1nX6EbM[/YOUTUBE]

4. dss

dss Musical Bons

I got Phase on vinyl, need to move it to the front of the pile is it?

DS

5. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Have to say I really didn't think much of the Phase on first listen. Will give it another spin but it quickly moved to the back of the pile.

Lessons in Hate 2 is now late, as is the new Cut Hands.

A new AnD just out too I see, will look out for that over the weekend.

6. datay

datay pfm Member

Are you both talking about the album or that PvH remix? I just find the album beautifully produced and weighted - check the recent CLR podcast by Phase for some of the tunes in the mix (annoyingly you now have to sign up on fb, I've downloaded hundreds of those podcasts in the past!). All the sounds and styles do it for me - ok, it doesn't quite do anything mega-new, but nor do Fengler and Dettmann with their albums - have to go elsewhere for that. He did compile it over many years so it reflects that. Snapshot of ze best in techno by a very nice guy. Perahps it's bit too clean?

Give it a spin when you're in the mood, settle in chair, beer in hand, you'll be up on your feet before long.

The album launch party is at Crucifix Lane SE1 at the end of the month, I went to the Token one there a couple of months ago, nice scuzzy venue and crowd, too big. I can't go as I've already got tickets for Fengler same night in TBA location east (bought on a post-Berghain high). With Ryan Elliot who I have no interest in.

7. datay

datay pfm Member

I forgot to say, it is. It's the weekend!

8. datay

datay pfm Member

AnD's live slot is 6.30 - 7.30 at Corsica Studio, this Saturday morning. Ancient Methods are live at 3.30, followed by Perc live. Svreca's warming up at 11. (That 2CD is f^ck1n great btw). Was dying to go but have several things on Monday and "nervous exhaustion" is likely to set in if I go to this. Tempted by a sleep and heading down there about 7am, possibly...

9. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Yes the double CD turned up the other day, it's had a few plays in the office - very snazzy.

That's a pretty sweet line up but after too many heavies of late we've promised ourselves a quiet one this weekend with face stuffing at Borough followed by talks at The Rest Is Noise on Sunday so no 7:30 AM partying :)

10. roach

roach pfm Member

11. Cereal Killer

[YOUTUBE]FpBKmtkPQIU[/YOUTUBE]

12. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Preview of new Shifted:
    [youtube]-wpPnzfrLpw[/youtube]

Pants peeing excited.

13. FC united

FC united pfm Member

Sorry, that's bobbins

14. FC united

FC united pfm Member

Reminds me of my squash playing days

15. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Opinion noted. All future opinions ignored.

16. Anex

Anex Señor Member

17. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

18. Anex

Anex Señor Member

I missed one of his 12's and now it doesn't seem to be available anywhere, not even over-priced copies on Discogs.

19. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Just took delivery of the Shifted. Good but completely smoked by the Halh/20 Years of Downwards comp. Stunning.

This is one of my faves from it.

[YOUTUBE]I27U3jTBI2o[/YOUTUBE]

20. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Can 2013 be classed as new?
    When I play The Black Ideal - Various I only play side B, tonight I played it all and did not realise how good this is. Not really knowledgeable in this genre but I found the music intriguing, drew me in so to speak.

Bloss