1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Good New Techno

Discussion in 'music' started by darrell_giant, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

All of these from Soundcloud:

Stephen Lopkin - FB01 Track

Kuba Sojka - Forgotten Places - also posted in the New House thread because it's a track that I think would appeal to both house & techno heads. It wouldn't sound out of place on Transmat

Cherushii - Everything Is In Color

Son Of - Extrovert Them

Empfänger - Last Track (Lost Track)

Nikolajev - Guevo

Random Factor - Broken Mirror (Legowelt Instrumental)

Rudolf C - Julia - on the boundaries of deep house & techno

AFX - Octave Nob

Aksak Maboul - Saure (Krikor Edit)

Russell Haswell - Hardwax Flashback

Lumigraph - Garbage 4 Garbage

Tissu - Unmanned Vehicle

UE LI - Luv (Remix)

Subtyl - Parasitic Capacitance

Faune - Untitled XIII (the summit edit)

Lamin Fofana - Lampedusa - another one that probably crosses boundaries between techno and house, and also wouldn't sound out of place on Transmat

That'll do for now!

2. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

3. datay

datay pfm Member

Cheers, I will definitely give that a listen, tracklist looks great (knowing artists more than the individual tracks).

4. darrell_giant

darrell_giant pfm Member

My thanks too. Enjoyed your mix.

5. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Thanks very much, your opinion is highly valued.

From reading the various threads on electronic music, I think you might like the only other mix that's posted under my profile, called Pre-Natal. It has a markedly different flavour to the one you've listened to, with heavy leanings towards Detroit. I recorded it about a week before my first child was born, in 2008. It's only taken me eight years to get around to doing another!

Pre-Natal

Thanks again.

6. datay

datay pfm Member

Followed and liked ;)

Not listened to your second (first) one yet. Where are you based out of interest?

7. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Thanks very much.

I have fairly recently moved out of East London, to Essex. Bit more breathing space!

8. darrell_giant

darrell_giant pfm Member

Ha, Unspecified Enemies. Thanks for bringing that back into my life.

9. datay

datay pfm Member

I have been in Bethnal Green for 11&1/2 years. Don't get out like I used to (usual story although I have no kids and am now single). Just there's a Dazed & Confused hosted night with Kareem, Violet Poison and Casual Violence on Saturday 18th (venue tba) that I fancy going to be but no one else around!

10. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Ah, gotcha. I make it out once in a blue moon, but it's usually only Mills or Autechre that manages to provoke me into action. I have been getting asked if I am going to Bloc this weekend, I honestly don't think I could survive it.

@ darrell - I have been annoyed with myself for years over the programming at the start of this mix, as I think I put the Unspecified Enemies track in the wrong place -I think it would have worked better before the Exium track. Always bugged me. Incidentally, I never played that track at a gig. If that record was in the box, then I always played that beepy, off-kilter slammer on the B-Side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ByPom64dY

11. datay

datay pfm Member

I know exactly how you feel! :eek:

12. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

13. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Looks most intriguing. I'll have to have a proper listen to that.

Some choices from me:

TvSkY - Crisis Point

Seagrave - Analogical

Morah - Looking Back

Morah - Anarchy - both these Morah tracks from a forthcoming EP on Berceuse Heroique

Layup - Barrandov

Highwolf - DSK Ara 13

Advanced Dreams - Dub Spring 16 - part of a live set

Goolyk - 320

Alessandro Adriani - A Man Who Would Come Here Of His Own Free Will

Lumigraph - Emotional Blackmailer (Lumigraph & Alessandro Adriani tracks from same EP)

Sraunus - Melynumas

Twins - Tassle (Now You Know)

Robert Bergman - R.I.P. Jacket

Jjakub - You Burn Us

The Groupies - The Groupies Are Insane

Essaie Pas - Lights Out (Orphx Remix)

Raär - Santorïサントリー

Claw (PSF) - Point (Source) - more ambient/experimental

Nubian Mindz - 1st World Army - check out those gorgeous Detroit-style pads at the start!

Nubian Mindz - Nord Ambience Pt2

Goolyk - 0221

That'll do for now.

14. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

15. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

16. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

17. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

18. darrell_giant

darrell_giant pfm Member

Thanks Ryan. Its been a beautiful spring day at Chatsworth horse trials and I enjoyed your mix this evening. Bizarre combination of ponies and techno but has worked for me!

Hi Nick. Will work my way through them. Thanks.

19. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

20. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Cheers Darrell, glad you enjoyed it.