1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Great customer service from manufacturers and importers

Discussion in 'audio' started by clogman, Nov 10, 2017.

1. clogman

clogman pfm Member

with all the negativity in this mad world, I thought it would be a nice idea to share some very positive experiences too.
    Have personally had some great help form a number of people who helped me to get a bit closer to HiFi Heaven.

Primare in Sweden and in particular Terry helped me trouble-shoot issues around my i32 which now works great and sounds fantastic.

Arcam customer service have been great too, and Sam even arranged a blind listening session with a colleague to confirm his ideas and advice.

Atlas Cables (Kevin) were very forthcoming with valuable information, advice and encouragement to keep looking for the best solution

Elite Audio (Mark) & Wyred4Sound (Randy) likewise

All exemplary customer service!

2. eisenach

eisenach Thüringen

Primare's UK distributor, Karma AV, were first class in sorting out a firmware upgrade fault for a Pre32 with the MM30 board. It had somehow downloaded and installed the version for the I32. It meant shipping it back to Karma, but they were friendly, helpful and dead efficient in helping me out, all at no cost. First rate.
    (No-one could work out how it had managed to download the wrong firmware, though; it shouldn't be possible.)

clogman likes this.
  3. clogman

clogman pfm Member

Mostly dealt directly with Primare in Sweden, but Karma were pretty responsive!

4. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

music first audio always looked after me well , fast efficient .

audionote excellent too in fast repair of an amp

modwright importer bd audio provided fine service and several replacement amps while said amp in for repair

msb also good sevice and support from importer

5. hockman

hockman pfm Member

I had great customer experience with Naim but many many years ago.

The bass driver of my DBL developed a problem and the local dealer could not fix it. I emailed Paul Stephenson about the problem and he sent me a replacement driver without any charge. I didn't have to pay Naim anything but the import duty alone cost me a couple of hundred GBPs, calculated based on the postage and insurance charges!

6. Covenant

Covenant pfm Member

Huge thanks to Glenn Croft for checking over my Series 7 power amp, which had nothing wrong with it, upgrading the HT supply, changing resistors and installing a new valve.
    He refused to even let me pay postage.

7. happychappy

happychappy Happy Member

Can’t believe there has been six posts and Rega have not been mentioned.

Fantastic old school company that are always pleased to help.

denni55 likes this.
  8. Rosewind

Rosewind Lost in Translation

EAR Yoshino is only a phone call away. Great customer service, indeed! Sent a box and a manual out immediately. But ... do call them rather than using email.
    I can also vouch for Magnepan (call about a MG12 serial number), Naim Audio (call about serial number, spare parts etc) and McIntosh (email communication re. Firmware + USB driver update for C48).

9. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

Bob Surgeoner at Neat Acoustics - very helpful when I managed to wreck my pair of Motive 2s! Naim, always top-notch product support. Special thanks to Phil Harris - anyone who runs a TVR deserves much praise.

10. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

Naim have always offered first class support in my case
    Always quick to respond to messages with very helpful advice.

Bob Surgeoner at Neat Acoustics has supplied by far the best service I have experienced from a manufacturer
    Recently fitted new surrounds on my Critique speakers free of charge, lovely guy to deal with on numerous occasions over the last couple of years.

Our very own Tony L was a pleasure to deal with, with a recent amp purchase.

11. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Ditto for Bob, lovely guy he has looked after many of my Neat speakers without charge and makes a fab product in the MFS ultimatums

12. Still

Still gyldengourd

pfm's own Central Audio/Anthony are exceptional ime.
    Silky smooth transactions, and remarkable good humour in the face of my many high maintenance requests.

Pear Audio/Shahinian Acoustics have always gone the extra mile for me too.

13. Nick1881

Nick1881 pfm Member

I've not purchased anything from him, but I once had a very pleasant half day with Paul at HiFi Lounge. Really nice guy, very friendly and no pressure to buy or any bs thrown at me. I'd happily buy from him. What a location too, well worth a visit.

I needed a Crystal for my MDAC, I made a call to IAG and they were very helpful. Of course we also have John Westlake on these very forums who has also repaired and upgraded my MDAC and he even bought be dinner :)

I've purchased replacement driver units from B&W and KEF, both were great.

BK Electronics - I've purchased subwoofers from them in the past and one day I happened to be working practically next door to them, I popped in and was treated to a factory tour, very pleasant people to deal with.

14. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

I’ve had very good service from rega, atc, chord and innuos as manufacturers and basically sound (local go to dealer) and dB hifi offer great customer service ...

15. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Ditto to both the above.

16. cjyosemite

cjyosemite Well-Known Member

I have experienced bad & good from Rega, disappointing from Naim & Cyrus, good from Arcam until Matt Frost left but problems afterwards, excellent from Spendor, but top of the list for me has to be Quad.

17. Afranta

Afranta pfm Member

Both PS Audio and Benchmark have gone above and beyond the call for me. Benchmark in particular was great to deal with; they were very gracious when the DAC HDR1 I shipped back to them to test for a fault turned out not to be the source of the problem (bad headphones!), and even shipped my unit back at no charge.