1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Integrated amplifier to suit ATC 7s or 11s

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by lordmortlock, Nov 11, 2017.

1. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

Happy Saturday friends - looking for the above for a friend please.

Up to about £150 ish ... I'm thinking a decent jap integrated, must be in excellent working order and good cosmetic condition.

What you got?? :)

2. Natara

Natara pfm Member

What about the Rotel over on AoS £150 330 watts rated.

3. mikegreenwood

mikegreenwood pfm Member

Hi. Have a Sony TA-FB740R with remote. MM phono input. QS. Range.
    Also a NAD 3130 with mm and mc phono input.

Both VERY good cond. The Sony is near mint and the NAD not far behind.

Rgds.

4. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

Thanks both but looking for a bit more power if possible. The Rotel is only 60w output

5. mikegreenwood

mikegreenwood pfm Member

Thanks for the reply. The Sony is very polite and refined. The NAD has some welly. Yet only quoted at 30 wpc. I believe the Naim 250 is rated around 70 wpc so very much of a minefield the specifications quoted by manufacturer's. as i'm sure you are aware.
    I think the power consumption of the Rotel may be 330 watts. Not its power output.
    Good luck with your search.

6. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

You definitely need some grunt to drive those small ATC speakers (I've owned both)

Do you have an existing amp with a pre-out? If so, you might consider a power amp.

I was surprised at how easily the Audiolab 8000S drove other inefficient speakers I had - not much over your budget

7. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

Agreed - I'm thinking 80w min. Just reccomended him a second hand yammy as500, should do the job

8. Trekker

Trekker pfm Member

Took a NAP 200 to make my 11's sing, Nait XS wasn't bad but the NAP 200 made a lot of difference.