1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Louis CK and the growing list of pervs

Discussion in 'off topic' started by vuk, Nov 11, 2017.

1. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

didn't know who he was until yesterday, but apparently a famous comedian with production clout. i am puzzled as to how this escaped me, but even more baffled by the idea of wanting to masturbate in front of a victim. maybe fox news and alex jones were right all along about these hollywood people.

UPDATE:
    ha! a memory just got triggered: he plays the disgusting perv in "blue jasmine" who takes advantage of the sister. i remember wondering where woody found this creep or why he cast someone so ugly. didn;t realize the guy was famous.

2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

And now

Mr Sulu...

3. Still

Still gyldengourd

He was very funny imo. This might be as painful as Bowie dying.

4. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Just as David Icke called out Saville and Ted Heath years before it hit the headlines, so it seems that those who denounced Hollywood as a den of pervs are being vindicated. All those 'edgy' movies... might just have been cover for them.

I suspect we've just seen the tip of the iceberg.

This bloke is back in the headlines and it might get very dark if this is proved true http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bryan-singer-sex-abuse-case-699828

See the claims of Anthony Edwards and Corey Feldman.

5. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

Trial by social media has become a dangerous & quite sickening trend these days.

I feel it's best to wait for the full facts before condemning those accused.

6. Arkless Repairs

Arkless Repairs Trade: Arkless Repairs

There does seem to be quite a witch hunt on as well lately (I'm not referring to this specific case. I've never heard of the guy). If there are rapists on the loose then of course they should face the full penalty of the law but it seems that any bloke in the public spotlight who's so much as complemented a lass on having a nice arse, 10 years ago, is at risk of having his career ended just at the moment.... I imagine there must be many 70's rock stars shitting themselves!

7. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Not forgetting the great Jerry Sadowitz and John Lydon who also did this.

Bloss

8. clifftaylor

clifftaylor pfm Member

Was it Icke who did the calling, or was it something that appeared on the forum on his website?? I don't like the idea of him being seen as anything other than a weird bloke with lizards between his ears

9. Still

Still gyldengourd

You haven't bothered to inform yourself again, as Louis CK has admitted the sexual misconduct allegations made against him by five women are true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41950043

10. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

I agree, I enjoyed his work and that is now ruined for me. At least he's not denying it.

This problem will only grow, there are a lot of creeps out there, especially in the world of sexandrugsandrock&roll. Take Led Zep transporting underage girls across state lines while touring the US for example...

11. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

So he knew it was wrong in the first place I presume.

Bloss

12. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

Only that story actually relates to Bowie and his wife who took her virginity in NY, if the stories are to be believed.

13. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Still, don't play the fool, you know perfectly well that Ragaman was talking about the general trend, and it is indeed sickening. One tweet by some female about some 'misconduct' decades ago, and your career is gone. Serial accusation of politicians is becoming fashionable these days, truth has become irrelevant.

Why is his work now ruined for you ? Has it changed in any way since ?

narabdela likes this.
  14. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

Denial symptoms coming on here.

Bloss

15. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Nonsense. I'm talking about the current avalanche of accusations (not the CK case which appears to be true), many of these accusation being totally irrelevant from a judicial point of view (--> barred or not illegal). Yet they still deploy their devastating effect on reputation. You don't consider social media to be of more relevance in a constitutional state than law itself do you ?

16. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Funny how Richard Dreyfuss applauded his son for denouncing Spacey a few days ago, and now a woman is denouncing Dreyfuss. Also Sepp Blatter has been accused of molesting the goalkeeper of the US women's team (A brave man, Blatter, given the impressive muscles on the lady!) and a prominent Italian crap-film director/producer has three or four actresses accusing him and has stopped work. Where will it all end?

17. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

I'd like to think you didn't mean that.

Bowie was a genius.

18. Hook

Hook pfm Member

Disgusting behavior by Louis C.K., but am heartened to see so many women (and some men) finally speaking out and confronting those who sexually abused them. Hope the trend continues and grows. Also, I don’t see this as merely a Hollywood thing. This behavior has infected corporations, government, church - each and every hierarchical organization - and it is time for it to end.

Was never much interested in Louis C.K.’s standup comedy, but he appears to have been a talented writer. Also thought he did a fine job of acting in the movie “Trumbo”. All for naught at this point. Hard to imagine him ever working in the entertainment world again, and rightly so.

19. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

Do you wonder why people haven't come forward before given the way they have been treated in recent days? If this is what it takes, sadly a few innocent taken down with those guilty to destroy the whole system of, report, be ignored, report, be threatened, then it's the system's own failure to self police that has brought this about? "Who's ever going to believe you instead of me, you're a nobody, I'm someone?"; is the number one weapon rolled out against victims.

20. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

I have never heard of the Louis CK bloke. Is he related to Calvin Klein?