1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Lyn Stanley - The Moonlight Sessions Volume One 2LP

Discussion in 'music classifieds' started by Bertiebee, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member

Own one of the rare first 1,000 copies of this Special Limited Pressing of the SuperSonicVinyl ™(SSV) ONE-Step Special Collectors Limited Edition pressing of The Moonlight Sessions-Volume One-album. This album is a double 12 inch disc, 180gram, 45RPM. It comes in a sturdy gatefold jacket, with insert.

I bought a couple of these direct from the artist Lyn Stanley.

This 2LP set is still sealed and one of the first 1,000 that the artist has hand numbered and signed.

Lyn Stanley’s SuperSonicVinyl™ uses superior recording techniques, from top engineers and studio boards, and combined with top rated master engineering and ONE-Step experienced pressing plants to create what is potentially the pinnacle in superb sounding records. A ONE-Step recording is a record made straight from the lacquer’s first ‘master’ stamper (rather than the cheaper three step process which is how most records are pressed).

This is as close to reel to reel as you can get.

Lyn is known for high quality productions and the team she uses is world class. Her recording engineers are Al Schmitt and Steve Genewick, the mixing engineer is Michael Bishop and the mastering engineer is Bernie Grundman (Diana Krall uses Schmitt and Grundman on her recordings).

It has great arrangements and new perspectives on jazz standards and pop tunes critics say are long overdue.

Beautiful arrangements with Lyn’s sultry voice used to great effect.

The audiophile reviews of the album have been great, giving highest marks for sound and music:-

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/...-her-lacquers/

http://www.midwestrecord.com/MWR1241.html

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/...-best-of-show/

Destined to become a classic and once the 2,000 are sold, there will be no more.

£110 plus RMSD.

Payment by PPG or bank transfer, your choice, or happy for you to collect if you wish.

2. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member

3. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member

4. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member

I've had one taker so far and the feedback was very positive.

Anyone else interested - these pressings are quite scarce in UK?

5. rich46

rich46 pfm Member

this gal is so underated if only they would go back to the early days of recording method . the dynamics of the music is awesome

6. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member

7. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member