1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark E Smith

Discussion in 'music' started by andrew d, Oct 21, 2017.

1. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Crikey, that’s pretty shocking. He was on C4 News (I think, though may have been BBC North West) a year or two ago channeling UKIP or something similar in a somewhat drunken manner, but he didn’t look anything like that bad. Not a good week for this sort of thing as Genesis P Orridge has just been dignosed with leukaemia (NME).

3. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Very sad to see. He would maybe stop now.

4. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I didn't realise Gen was sick - that's a bit of a shock... Wishing her a very speedy recovery.

5. Still

Still gyldengourd

Since reading of Smith's predilection for cocaine sprinkled on his breakfast cereal I've been concerned for his health.

6. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

Blimey, Mark does look really ill in those pics. I hope things improve for him.

Jack

7. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

x2:(

8. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

Very sad to see.
    Wonder what he has done to himself over the years.

Hoping he gets better

9. docp

docp pfm Member

x2 Remember seeing The Fall at The Warehouse, Leeds in the early eighties.

10. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

I never liked or “got”him, but nevertheless it’s sad to see him in that state, if that picture of him in a wheelchair is representative.

11. wylton

wylton pfm Member

Mark has been a bit of a Curmudgeon and hasn't looked after his health, but he has kept us entertained all these years with his prodigious output.

I do hope that he recovers and keeps us entertained for many years to come; get well soon Mark.

12. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Jesus I laughed a few years back when he was at Glasto and before a song just walked along the back line turning all the musos amps up to 10.