1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Marshall Mathers coming to London

Discussion in 'music' started by Still, May 8, 2014.

1. Still

Still gyldengourd

[​IMG]

I've been cogitating for a day or so, but concluded entering in to the bun fight for tickets tomorrow is irresistible.
    What with Kate Bush, and Toumani Diabaté with Sidiki Diabaté, this is turning in to the most expense year for gigs in a very long time. :)

2. Still

Still gyldengourd

That was chaotic, but after two time-out/password/cc number fails I secured good tickets for me and my boy.
    No other lil' fish going?

3. monkfish

monkfish pfm Member

Not to my taste but glad you got the ticks you wanted, have a good time.

4. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

I'm a late starter getting into him but he is brilliant when on form...he should play Glastonbury next year after Metallica!

5. Still

Still gyldengourd

Cheers Monkfish.

andyoz

The thing that gets me with festivals is often the set is relatively short compared to a gig.
    On the other hand this hang up could be about my age!

John

6. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

I still think Stan was a great song...

7. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

Glad to hear you got your tickets lad.....I still cannot get rap (apart from the odd Gil Scott Heron which is genius). Any modern rap only succeeds in making me very very angry for absolutely no good reason.

An expensive year gig wise for me too....Swingfest Berlin a week ago, Kate Bush in Sept and Peter Gabriel in Dublin later this year....who knows what might turn up in between lol.

8. Still

Still gyldengourd

That was quite an experience! SQ was mediocre. But that was as I expected (that's Wembley), and we had a great time none-the-less.
    You are the reason Marshall has such affection for us! When he first came on stage:
    Eminem: "Hold on, let me take a minute to look at this God damn crowd, holy s**t!"
    >deafeningly mighty roar from audience<
    Eminem: "This is why I love London. Y'all so angry!" :)

9. Singslinger

Singslinger pfm Member

Yup, hip hop doesn't appeal to me but glad that it worked out for you !

10. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

Now I feel bad.
    If my son hears he played and I didn't take him he'll be upset.
    Either way, I now have guilt.

11. monkfish

monkfish pfm Member

12. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

I saw U2 & Elbow at wembley and thought they both sounded bloody awful.

Is the new wembley renowned for being crap SQ wise as I've only been the once?

13. Still

Still gyldengourd

I never went to the old stadium for a music event, because I feared a big disappointment re: sq.
    I guess the new stadium is potentially more problematic - it's bigger, has more large flat surfaces and lacks symmetry (moving roof).

There was a meeja kerfuffle about the sq re: Eminem, but from reports it appears there was a fault (as opposed to the limitations of the venue acoustics).
    I was just above the tunnel entrance, and from there the mid/high freq' were very lacking/muddled.
    Turning my head to the stage and cupping hands to ears greatly improved this (although not my daddy dancing image).
    I suspect there was some kind of reflection/cancellation thing going on.

14. Still

Still gyldengourd

[YOUTUBE]LunHybOKIjU[/YOUTUBE]

15. Aethelist

Aethelist pfm Member

Hmm.

I get the crossover thing but tbh he comes across as just another nutter on a soapbox.

No way could I sit and listen to a record of it.

Like the Sleaford Mods.

Drugged up nutjobs.

16. Still

Still gyldengourd

fyi alcohol is also a drug.

17. blossomchris

blossomchris pfm Member

A lot of the best are/were

Bloss

18. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

Props to him for taking a stand.

19. Aethelist

Aethelist pfm Member

Hey. 1000 years ago if you sucked on a piece of chalk you were taking drugs.

No problem here with that. Eat drink and be merry. But just don't try and be a profound spokesman when you're so obviously out of it.

Makes no sense.

20. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

The way Eminem lays into Trump is great. Snoop Dog is full of praise about it and says "We all knew you were a real n****r."

Seem to remember reading that Eminem is now clean and sober. Has been for a while.

Jack