1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by jackbarron, Jul 4, 2017.

1. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

I'm not normally one for sacking managers BUT it's plainly obvious now that the players no longer can or want to play for Slav anymore.
    Not sure if Moyes is the answer but if the board don't make a change soon then WHU will be playing in a half empty stadium in the championship which they won't be getting out of anytime soon.
    It's not the first time that the team have been totally embarrassed at home and it's painful to watch.

2. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

One? Walker, Stones, Delph and Stirling.

3. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

260 points on BBC Predictor this weekend!

4. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

I don't think he is the answer at all, as clearly seen at Sunderland last year.

5. clifftaylor

clifftaylor pfm Member

A good result for Chelsea - we played really well.

6. martin dawson

martin dawson pfm Member

+1 but should have scored more.

Regards,

Martin

7. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Will football ever get the big decisions right without TV Refs ? Err No.

8. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

9. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

Morata scored a fantastic header into the top right hand corner of the net from a cross by Dave, as Chelsea throttled Utd 1 - 0.

Meanwhile Lukuntku reminded us why we are glad to be rid of him. He's nearly as bad as Torres.

It has made a huge difference to get Kante back in the team. He frees up iffy defender Fabregas and Bakayoko to go on the attack. Mind you Tiemoue missed a few chances, as did Morata.

We're one point behind Utd and Spurs. The latter were lucky to beat Palace and Wembley looked half empty.

City are playing well and Sane is great, but we'll see what happens in the next month or so.

Jack

10. gassor

gassor "There may be more posts after this."

Celtic drew twice with man city last year but you have point if you don't regard city as being up there with the best in Europe! We were not far away from matching PSG last week! Given the disparity in financial muscle it was a very credible performance against one to the top 3 teams in the CL

11. gassor

Fair dos but I checked a few weeks ago and it only had one but today you had 4 I will edit y post when I can find a computer with all the keys working!

12. gassor

Excellent - 3 times my score :mad:

13. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Cough, Bayern, cough.

14. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

Enjoyed watching the Chelsea-Man U game yesterday. I do wonder why Smalling gets away with so many fouls though?

15. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

We (THFC) ground out a result against a team that packed the defence, yes they had a few chances and our GK was up to the challenge. The attendance was just over 65k, far from half empty.

16. scottyhammer

scottyhammer pfm Member

Bilic sacked - Moyes lined up....we are doomed. !! :mad:

17. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

Slaven Bilic sacked with David Moyes talking about the job before the news which is not a good example. Sad to see a London club including my own in trouble but West Ham have allowed some players to play beyond advancing years.

18. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Be honest. Roy H or Moyes, you choose. :eek:

19. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

would you want to toss a coin? They should poach someone like Chris Hughton from Brighton........

20. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

Moyes would be the wrong choice for me, since he hasn't a track record of getting teams out of trouble. The Daily Record in Scotland had the story (before the sacking) that Moyes would be given the rest of the season to prove his worth, and would then get a contract if he had done enough to satisfy the owners. Seems like they aren't really convinced, but he's available and there would be no compensation. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-agrees-west-ham-11474631