1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New Robert Plant Album and Tickets

Discussion in 'music' started by Barry williams, Aug 18, 2017.

1. SteveB

SteveB Wir sind schaufensterpuppen

:) thank you

2. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Cheers Barry

3. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Just noticed that you don’t actually have to purchase the album to qualify for priority access.

4. SteveB

Has anyone had their code yet?

5. Steve,
    Code for what ?

6. SteveB

The pre-sale code or link or whatever you get for the tour tickets on Wednesday

7. Ah got you.
    You will most likely get that next week just before they go on sale.

8. SteveB

Thanks - just wanted some reassurance I hadn't missed something.
    If it's anything like the last time he toured, it will be quite a night. And support from Seth Lakeman a nice bonus too.

9. Its just like if you had a O2 phone years ago.
    You would get a day before chance to buy tickets.
    TBH It can all still a bit off a lottery.
    I haven't looked to see where Robert is playing but it might be worth looking at venues and buying tickets direct.
    Cut out the middle man and the mental booking charges every chance you get.:cool:

10. SteveB

Sorted for Portsmouth in the pre-sale but omg the prices.

11. Farthings cat

Farthings cat pfm Member

I wanted to go to RAH but the "deal" only offered seats with restricted views..... rubbish.
    Gary

12. trick cyclist

trick cyclist pfm Member

Much as I want to see him, I cannot justify £87 for a ticket at the moment.

13. Engels

Engels pfm Member

pre-ordered but no code yet. Bristol tickets on sale tomorrow, but yes pricey.. although he has "special guests" including Seth Lakeman both as support and joining the RP band

14. 1964meb

1964meb pfm Member

G

I have stopped going to gigs because of this. 2 X £87 = skint for a month!

M

15. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

Got tickets for Liverpool, direct from venue, really looking forward to it, he was amazing on last tour.

16. scottcarpenter

scottcarpenter pfm Member

That does sound like a lot.

Although here in Sydney that would be a bargain. Most larger gigs are $150+ per ticket (93.00 GBP) and more.

I paid $185 to see KD Lang a few weeks ago. Incredible but pricey.

I'd love to see Robert Plant though. I'm a big Zep fan but I love his solo stuff too. He's the only one of them who has continued to develop a an artist IMO.

17. Engels

Engels pfm Member

Has anyone had notification from Amazon for the "priority" tickets

18. SteveB

Engels - what notification do you mean?
    If you mean order confirmation I had that within a couple of minutes of ordering on Wednesday and can also see them in "your tickets" on the home page of tickets.amazon.co.uk
    If you mean the priority confirmation then there was a mail late Tuesday or just log into your account on amazon tickets - though you may have missed the boat as they went to general sale on Friday.

19. Engels

Engels pfm Member

apparently the pre-order of the CD had to be placed by 23:59 on Sunday, so yes I missed the boat via Amazon by a few hours. Must have overlooked the small print on the offer

Fortunately managed to get some tickets in Bristol anyway on the day of release and although not the best seats, within my price range