1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New Yorks, Tannoy project

Discussion in 'classic' started by cooky1257, May 7, 2017.

1. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

One refurbished System 15 DMT II now installed in workshop on custom breezbloc stands(that are excellent btw). Matching stereo pair ;-)

[​IMG]

2. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

New York/Legacy now with 54mm birch ply plinth.

[​IMG]

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Looking good Frank.

4. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

They are sounding really sweet Tony, I'm liking the shade more bottom end from the York box over the DMT. I'm driving them with a cheap and cheerful Thomann 60w pro power amp and it has no business sounding this good!

5. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Matt black on the backs and new bi-wire terminals fitted.. nice veneering project for whoever buys these drivers and crossovers (the box is a pay it forward).

[​IMG]

6. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Great work there.:)

7. lexi

lexi pfm Member

You'll be rivalling Big Ears audio next Cooky. Is this a wee business for you now?

8. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Perhaps I should but haha but no, I started this legacy clone project in May, I'm far too slow/chilled, more a labour of love/hobby for me.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  9. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Standard CPA xover in York box; Pink noise @1m

[​IMG]

Below, modified enclosure/xover and serviced drivers; Pink noise @1m, the effect of the servicing, ferrofluid replacement etc and the DMT2/Legacy network is clearly apparent both by measurement and ear. Pretty damn smooth response, these are an easy listen.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Ferrofluid? These have ferrofluid? Never realised any Tannoy had that.

11. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Yes, most of the Tulips use it; Its ferrotec APGS15N.

12. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

Excuse the ad as it were however, I have a pair of System 10s coming up for sale on behalf of a friend who owns a studio should anyone be interested.

13. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Daft question but what's the app you're using to take those measurements Cooky?

14. ToTo Man

ToTo Man the band not the dog

Does the Autograph Mini use ferrofluid?

15. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

No idea.
    Link upthread.

16. eastone

eastone pfm Member

So it is. Ta!