1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

News regarding cliffpatte

Discussion in 'reference' started by cliffpatte, Jul 12, 2015.

1. cliffpatte

cliffpatte Speed camera anarchist

We regret to inform everyone who knew Cliff through this website but he unexpectedly died from a heart attack on Thursday. Best wishes,
    from his family.

2. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Oh no! My heartfelt condolences.

3. strummer

strummer pfm Member

That's very sad news.

RIP

4. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

Wow, really sorry to hear this. He was a great contributer and will be sorely missed.

RIP

5. topa

topa Sans CDPs

Very sorry for your, (and our) loss.

6. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 Expert in sheep worrying.

Oh no Cliff. Heartbreaking news, my deepest sympathies are with his loved ones. I often enjoyed reading your posts and learned a lot from you about photography, you will be sorely missed.x

7. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

Very sad to hear, condolences for your loss.

8. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

I am so sorry to hear that sad news.

RIP.

9. maxflinn

maxflinn Make America Great Again!

Very sad news. Sorry for your loss.

10. pil

pil pfm Member

Very sorry for your loss.

11. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

My condolences. He will be much missed.

12. Durmbo

Durmbo Not French

That's very sad news. What a nasty shock. My condolences to you.

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Truly terrible news. Cliff was a friend of many years, both on and offline. I will miss him greatly. I'm struggling to find words to be honest, but my condolences to his family. RIP.

14. avole

avole pfm Member

Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to all.

15. Mullardman

Mullardman Resident Philistine

I' m deeply shocked and saddened to hear this. Cliff was a great contributor to this site. Always genuinely helpful and supportive to aspiring photographers myself included.
    My deepest condolences to Cliff's family and all who knew him.
    Mull.

16. Bemused

Bemused What's this all about then?

Very sad to hear of this, I never entered into a conversation with Cliff but I much enjoyed his photography threads. He will surly be missed by all the pinkfish community.
    My condolences to his family and friends in this sad time.

Many thanks for posting, it must have been hard for you.
    Tony

17. garyi

garyi leave blank

Christ this is really sad news, I am gutted and my thoughts to Cliff's family in this difficult time.

18. bownose

bownose pfm Member

The sudden and out of the blue nature of this is going to take some time to sink in, a valued contributor to pfm. Very sorry to hear this and I shall remember his presence fondly.

19. Wilky

Wilky pfm Member

Cliff will be very much missed by us all as he was one of the main drivers of the Forum and particularly the Photo Room.

His skill and dedication to photography and his family always shone through.

My sincere condolences to all his family.

Dave.

20. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Very sad news indeed. A lovely chap. Thoughts with Unclecliff's family.